PBP Bellator 295: Stots vs. Mix, Sat. 4/22, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the interim bantamweight belt and grand prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Patchy is huge so naturally he’s gonna be slower. Horiguchi is small, and he’s fast for a flyweight let alone a bantamweight

Edit: Also archuleta had really quick feet too. I know it’s a shittier patchy but that movement gave him problems

Yeah, in MMA good strikers tend to move very well. Look at Sandhagen, Omalley, Umar, Cejudo, Javid etc in the UFC...Fast striking, quick feet, slick movement.

Most guys look a little clumsy against horriguchi striking, to be fair. Horriguchi is an odd style to prepare for, but yeah. Mix's striking is definitely still a work in progress. I will say that stylistically, I think he's one of the best fighters suited to deal with Merab. It's a shame we likely won't ever see all these good fights with him against UFC guys, though.

Mix really was worn down with pace and attritive damage in the Juan fight though. That seems like something Merab could replicate.

However, Merab likes to shoots a lot of imperfect shoots that would leave his neck endangered. And that's how Magomed was subbed.

Mix really was worn down with pace and attritive damage in the Juan fight though. That seems something Merab could replicate.

However, Merab shoots a lot of imperfect shoots that would leave his neck endangered. And that's how Magomed was subbed.
Too bad Merab and Aljo will never fight each other. Are there any top level sub guys in the UFC Top 15? Umar Nurmagomedov seems like the only one

Most guys look a little clumsy against horriguchi striking, to be fair. Horriguchi is an odd style to prepare for, but yeah. Mix's striking is definitely still a work in progress. I will say that stylistically, I think he's one of the best fighters suited to deal with Merab. It's a shame we likely won't ever see all these good fights with him against UFC guys, though.

Mix reminds me a lot of Aljo, he's got an odd blend of wrestling and grappling that you just don't see from many guys in MMA.

Mix reminds me a lot of Aljo, he's got an odd blend of wrestling and grappling that you just don't see from many guys in MMA.

Aljo seems to me a more surgical process-driven fighter. I get the feeling that no matter what happens he's always looking for that body-triangle position. Its the goal he's grappling towards.

While Mix is more in the spider-monkey camp.

scouts honor i haven't seen his posts for weeks but have the ability to look so tonight i did and the dude is still responding to me. ahaha what a goof worst poster on this site.
You're just mad that I pointed out your hypocrisy. Got tired of being called on your bullshit I guess. Weak-minded and shows a lack of character IMO.

Mix is legit LW size tho.

Here he is with Islam

Cpizy45SzK9

Max Holloway is the same size as Kamaru Usman by that standard

Bantamweight is just a stacked division regardless of promotion.

The UFC, Bellator, the Chechen promotions out there in Grozny this division just freaking bangs.

Back