News Bellator is now on MAX in the US, along with whole library

Shit that’s a huge library. I haven’t subscribed to streaming in forever but I can’t wait to watch the old Bellator tournaments. Gonna stay in and watch prime Alexander Shlemenko tear up cans in 2012.

Last edited:
Props for putting together a decent network deal, I cant figure out how they were able to get a decent deal out of a dying promotion. PFL have this strange ability to convince networks and investors that they have a good product to get behind, but unable to convince the fans. They cant market themselves for shit or put together a decent product.

It is kind of amazing that when HBO finally joins the combat sports world its with an organization that has already been bought and is literally moribound.
I wouldn’t expect Bellator to do it any other way <45>

Remarkable how they fucked that up. At one point they pretty much had the market cornered.
The executives who decided to get HBO out of boxing are long gone and it's a completely different group so I wouldn't be surprised if HBO boxing comes back

There's no library. Also they might as well change worldwide board to Toronto makes threads board

Article said all 8 of bellator shows will be on Max this year. 8 is a small number. Better put out some quality cards.

It is kind of amazing that when HBO finally joins the combat sports world its with an organization that has already been bought and is literally moribound.
Probably a cheap entry point. Give then some idea if they want to go further.

Props for putting together a decent network deal, I cant figure out how they were able to get a decent deal out of a dying promotion. PFL have this strange ability to convince networks and investors that they have a good product to get behind, but unable to convince the fans. They cant market themselves for shit or put together a decent product.

Well think about the amount of hours they just added to MAX compared to probably the cost they are paying. I highly doubt HBO is paying crazy amount to PFL.

Buying movie rights is not cheap. Producing HBO shows isn't cheap. So a live sport and a massive library with probably over 1000 hours of media is probably quite appealing to take your first leap into MMA.

Man I don't wanna pay $10/month to watch 8 Bellator cards, plus I probably won't look at the old library that much. I did the same with my Showtime subscription, I'd watch the live event then never rewatch. Too bad they don't have any deals like that cyber Monday deal ($1.99/month for 6 months or something). At least Showtime always had offers/trials for new subscribers.

They will probably put tape delays of the cards on TruTV in the US

Back