Bellator is TRASH for that rubbish IN CAGE national anthem ceremony catered to Bader.

Boo freakin hoo! It’s an American promotion held in a U.S. city. Deal with it.

I agree with this.

But at the same time, I also think it was unneccessary as hell. Can't sports be just sports? I also didn't think the singer was that good.

That shit was trash and you're trash. I bet you never even been on a vacation outside of America or Mexico.

What do you think about the Russians playing national anthems before Fedor/Rizzo? Did it have an affect on Pedro's performance?

Ya that was complete trash. It was the way they went about it more than anything that was the problem. After they played the Russian National anthem. They then announced and brought US military in the cage carrying the flag, then they announced some country singer. Then the country singer took his time singing the anthem. Then they had fireworks. Then they announced the sponsors and judges for the fight.

First the timing of that whole thing definitely effected both fighters. The fighters warm up and time their warm ups so they can be good to go at the start of the fight. Remember that Pico got knocked out in the co-main event and unlike in boxing when the main event fighters fight at a certain time regardless of the under card fights, in MMA they often get pushed to fight earlier so that effects their warm ups. Then the whole national anthem thing just cooled them off.

Also the approach to the US National Anthem was way over the top. Bringing military soldiers in carrying flags, having a country singer and fireworks, it was all pretty excessive considering the Russian National Anthem was nothing more than a video playing on a screen.

Overall poor management by Scott Coker and Bellator.

Ya that was complete trash. It was the way they went about it more than anything that was the problem. After they played the Russian National anthem. They then announced and brought US military in the cage carrying the flag, then they announced some country singer. Then the country singer took his time singing the anthem. Then they had fireworks. Then they announced the sponsors and judges for the fight.

First the timing of that whole thing definitely effected both fighters. The fighters warm up and time their warm ups so they can be good to go at the start of the fight. Remember that Pico got knocked out in the co-main event and unlike in boxing when the main event fighters fight at a certain time regardless of the under card fights, in MMA they often get pushed to fight earlier so that effects their warm ups. Then the whole national anthem thing just cooled them off.

Also the approach to the US National Anthem was way over the top. Bringing military soldiers in carrying flags, having a country singer and fireworks, it was all pretty excessive considering the Russian National Anthem was nothing more than a video playing on a screen.

Overall poor management by Scott Coker and Bellator.
Again, the national anthems are played ay every big boxing main event. Doesn’t seem to affect the boxers or “cool them off.”

This thread reeks of internet hipsterism.

I thought it was akward, cringy and stupid.

Get these anthems and the mil the fuck out of my MMA.

Yeah.. the soldiers looked really stupid.

People really sign for that? LMAO

What do you think about the Russians playing national anthems before Fedor/Rizzo? Did it have an affect on Pedro's performance?

Didnt see Russian Soldiers with rifles wall into the ring a foot away from Rizzo...

Stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. Fighters are ready to fight when they walk down the ramp. Theyre warmed up and psychologically ready to go. Instead of allowing them to fight, the retards at Bellator chose to put on an 8 minute ceremony starting with the Russian National Anthem and then for the US national anthem, they decided to push the Russia vs America narrative because of the current political climate and sent SOLDIERS with RIFLES into the cage walking around Fedor literaly just a few feet away from him with fireworks going off as the US national anthem was playing.

That shit lasted forever and would have been a huge distraction to any fighter. It would have been a distraction to Bader too but since hes an American it only pumped him up. He even said it pumped him up after the fight at the presser. Its clear the Russia vs America narrative was being pushed hard and the way they staged it, it looked to viewers at home like the "Good ol' American wrestler, blue collar, non shit talking American hero Bader" went in there and beat the bad Russian guy Fedor in devastating fashion becoming the CHAMP CHAMP in the process.

I dont have a problem with national anthems but fuck, do that shit before the fighters are in the cage and ready to go. What a fucking joke.
Its almost as cringy as Tito and his fake ass walkouts with American soldiers saluting him.

Yeah fuck them for trying to make Bader more popular...

I’m sure Fedor really appreciates you dorks looking out for him. Only in Millennial America are patriotism and nationalism bad things. Move to Stary Oskul with your progressive ideas on the subject and see how it works out for you.

I’m sure Fedor really appreciates you dorks looking out for him. Only in Millennial America are patriotism and nationalism bad things. Move to Stary Oskul with your progressive ideas on the subject and see how it works out for you.
I’m sure the show of patriotism was so offensive and triggering to a staunch patriot like Fedor.

So Fedor is so mentally weak that a national anthem and some ceremonial flag bearers triggered him badly enough to cause him to get KOed from the first punch?

Lol Fedor fanboys are pathetic. Fedor is the most nationalistic guy out there. "I fight for Russia" is the only thing he ever says. Live by the national anthem, die by the national anthem.

I agree. Fedor was clearly cold and stiff when it was all over. Warmed Up Fedor would’ve lasted at least another minute.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back