News Bellator sale talks heating up

probably. Paramount/Viacoms financial rating just go downgraded to a very bad spot. They are in dire straits.

USA based streaming media companies are all watching their stock prices going down. Its happened faster with Paramount Global cause they are clueless yet even Disney stocks have been heading downhill. The longer the writers strike goes on they become dependent on sports so they will be holding onto Bellator since its still profitable.

would make sense since the schedule slowed down a ton after april

would make sense since the schedule slowed down a ton after april

What likely happened was PFL and Viacom agreed to the terms and PFL bought the option in april to close the deal within a certain amount of time and once PFL secured the option they have been trying to raise capital to formally make the deal.

Thats why we now have Donn Davis running around trying to raise the money.

What likely happened was PFL and Viacom agreed to the terms and PFL bought the option in april to close the deal within a certain amount of time and once PFL secured the option they have been trying to raise capital to formally make the deal.

Thats why we now have Donn Davis running around trying to raise the money.
They are gonna have to raise 3 billion for the deal so a long way to go.

USA based streaming media companies are all watching their stock prices going down. Its happened faster with Paramount Global cause they are clueless yet even Disney stocks have been heading downhill. The longer the writers strike goes on they become dependent on sports so they will be holding onto Bellator since its still profitable.
Paramount has never given Bellator respect even with this writer strike Bellator future events are not advertised or even shown. I have also dropped my subscription as I have seen all the Dexter eposides and Star Trek they have. Though most of their boxing is call ShoBox these days it is PBC really, where they are not the owners and do not have to carry them and MMA gives respect to one sad org that being Combate Global as they do a lot of futball and in the USA that is the Latin crowd so Combate Global gives them something else.

Example How Bellator is treated: First line no new events upcoming rarely to never mentioned.
Screenshot 2023-08-28 7.41.48 PM.png

Example How Combate Global is treated: First line is all upcoming events.
Screenshot 2023-08-28 7.31.56 PM.png

Nothing left for me to stick around Paramount+

Paramount has never given Bellator respect even with this writer strike Bellator future events are not advertised or even shown. I have also dropped my subscription as I have seen all the Dexter eposides and Star Trek they have. Though most of their boxing is call ShoBox these days it is PBC really, where they are not the owners and do not have to carry them and MMA gives respect to one sad org that being Combate Global as they do a lot of futball and in the USA that is the Latin crowd so Combate Global gives them something else.

Example How Bellator is treated: First line no new events upcoming rarely to never mentioned.
View attachment 998617

Example How Combate Global is treated: First line is all upcoming events.
View attachment 998619

Nothing left for me to stick around Paramount+

why would they care about and promote the peewee league when they have the majors (Combate Global).

All these other leagues will be going out of business while Combate Global will be running along. Bellator is on its death bed and PFL is right behind it waiting in line for the reaper.

why would they care about and promote the peewee league when they have the majors (Combate Global).

All these other leagues will be going out of business while Combate Global will be running along. Bellator is on its death bed and PFL is right behind it waiting in line for the reaper.
Combate probably costs like 1 K per event since it’s all filmed on the Miami Univision studio and the only cost is hiring that mariachi band that plays between bouts

What’s happening with Bellator is eerily similar to the last days of WCW with Paramount executives showing disdain for the MMA promotion they own. They probably would’ve already sold it to the UFC if it wasn’t for the anti-trust lawsuit. The cynical side of me thinks the PFL buying Bellator is merely a stall tactic by Paramount to buy time until the anti-trust proceedings preventing the UFC from putting in its own bid is resolved.

What’s happening with Bellator is eerily similar to the last days of WCW with Paramount executives showing disdain for the MMA promotion they own. They probably would’ve already sold it to the UFC if it wasn’t for the anti-trust lawsuit. The cynical side of me thinks the PFL buying Bellator is merely a stall tactic by Paramount to buy time until the anti-trust proceedings preventing the UFC from putting in its own bid is resolved.

It was reported that bellator has been up for sale for years now. Viacom has been looking to unload it for years but there have been nobody willing to buy it so youre right.

Maybe you are right, but I don't think there is any situation ever that UFC would even think about buying Bellator. What would they be buying? Dana has tried twice to buy Fedor and they pulled commie shenanigans claiming he had no contract with the MMA organization both times. Nemkov is the only thing of value in Bellator but you can bet he somehow has no contract with Bellator as well. Bellator doesn't seem to have anything of value to sell.

shirt-1502308992-ad230e0eb6efdc945721123b5f990e01.png

Back