PBP Bellator x Rizin 2/Super Rizin 2, Sat. 7/29, 11 PM ET/8 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

This is why you don’t cross promote. The champ is…paper, no matter what. At least when Wandy lost to Arona, it was within the same promotion.

Nah, I disagree. The UFC sending Chuck to pride was epic and the first Bellator / Rizin event was absolutely banging. It was an incredible event.

The dude stepped into the fight on just 3 days' notice, can’t blame him for not wanting to keep going as he was taking a beating.
this, this was the best outcome. not totally shadow realmed, lives to still defend the rizin belto. sucks AJ couldn't make it.

Satoshi really wanted out in that moment. Lmao

Pointing this out again. The finish wasn’t weird. Satoshi quit.

Satoshi’s body language after the flying knee said it all. He didn’t want to be in there anymore. He didn’t want it to go to the next round. I don’t believe his leg got compromised. He just found his out.

Pointing this out again. The finish wasn’t weird. Satoshi quit.

Satoshi’s body language after the flying knee said it all. He didn’t want to be in there anymore. He didn’t want it to go to the next round. I don’t believe his leg got compromised. He just found his out.
this. he wanted that out and got it. and also i dont blame him at all. fuck standing for another 3 rounds just to get made a fool.

At least the buzzing will go away during the Rizin portion. But why would anyone stay up after that crap-fest? Damn, even Satoshi had a bad fight.
i guarantee the rizin portion will be 100 times better. i have very rarely seen a bad rizin card. they usually have some good foot stomps, knees to the downed opponent and good stoppages. plus all of the japanese production. only downside are the hosts who are watching on the same stream and with the enthusiasm of golf.

yeah, some of the best mma bjj in the game. but that dont matter if you cant get anyone down, plus theres just no way you can just pull guard on high level guys anymore.
100% i remember when satoshi was the bjj phenom and a top level talked about athlete

100% i remember when satoshi was the bjj phenom and a top level talked about athlete

His jiu jitsu was so crisp. I have enjoyed his Rizin career, too. Sat through most of it. Tonight, however, I think even with the short notice factored in, it’s a bad look. Hopefully, Satoshi was well compensated for that L, because the sharks will be circling. Looked low-level.

Damn...this intermission here is a bitch. Sitting idle for an hour and a half... Seems like this flowed a lot better in December.

I’m glad they did it this way, though. In a different galaxy, say, where the Bellator portion was tape delayed, I see myself bitching about Bellator and Rizin being lame.

Back