Belt Loop Gone= New Gi Pants?

SteelFlex

White Belt
Reaction score
So my Gameness gi pants, the belt loop string has begun to shred and is basically a mess. I asked one of my instructors on where to get a new string and how to fix it but he said that once the string is gone, that means the pants are also.... is this true?

The belt loop can be fixed. Just take it to a tailor.

I've had mine repaired a few times. Very simple and easy.

If the tie string itself is shredded, then you might be in trouble.

Sorry, I don't mean the belt loop, I meant the tie string... and yeah it's almost completely shredded.

Measure the length of the shredded pants tie.

Go to your local fabric store and find any scrap or canvass in that length. Make it 1" by whatever the last string was.

Fold it in half to 1/2 inch and sew along the seam. Fold it in half again to 1/4 inch and sew.

Close up the ends and you're done. It should take no longer than five minutes excluding the trip to the fabric store.

contact gameness, they are very helpful and very fair. They may replace your pants for you....they have some of the best customer service.

You can also take the shredded string out of the pants completely and get a shoe lace. Then put a safety pin on the end of the shoe lace and re-lace it through the pants. The safety pin helps you to get it through the waist of the pants. It can take about a half hour but well worth it. And I always use a shoe lace cause it always around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back