Ben Askren proves the best non UFC fighters lose to the middle of the pact UFC fighters

Shut up.

S-force produced a crapton of UFC champs.
e.
Plenty of UFC guys went to PRIDE and lost, and I hear this Anderson guy came from PRIDE and did great in the UFC.

Good to know Fedor still keeps you up at night.

My point is that in order to prove you're the best you must test yourself in the UFC. Going to other organizations and losing is fine because most likely the people that left already have lost in the UFC. Case in point, Cyborg, Mighty Mouse, and an array of other fighters that I don't think I need to name all of them.

Dana thew him into the lions and believes askrens a better trade than MM

What about UFC champs getting murked in other ORGs like Eddie Alvares?
In order to consider yourself the best, you must do it in the UFC. Fighters on the decline going to other organizations and losing has nothing to do with my argument I'm trying to make.

I’m still cool with Askren. If you take out the fight with Street Jesus, both were highly competitive matches filled with drama. Maia is a terrible match up for him but he did what nobody else had had the balls to, initiate the ground. He didn’t do badly on the feet either. I’ll definitely be watching his next fight and I hope they give him someone decent.

Hate to see it

MMA "Hardcore fans" on suicide watch

Mighty Mouse in Japan laughing right now with hot Asian sluts
He didn't actually prove that.

He proved that he, personally and specifically, isn't good to be in the UFC. We've already seen people like Daniel Cormier come to the UFC and reach the top.

I'll split the difference and say Lima is a top 7 anywhere he goes
I can agree with that. He could progress to a title shot in the right circumstance in the UFC but more along the lines of Dan Hardy getting a shot since GSP had beaten everyone else at the time and Hardy was marketable. I like the guy but I am rooting for my fellow Canadian Rory "Red King" McDonald!!!

To be fair you can’t use Ben ASkren as an example. He’s got some of the worst boxing/kickboxing skills in the history of the sport, he’s right up there with Rousey.
yet many believe he outstruck maia.. at least enough to totally damage his face to a pulp

That's pretty weird... Everybody is so happy shitting on Askren that Maia rank soar will be negligible.

Askren became the pariah, so Maia did nothing but his job.
Also Maia current position (#10) sucks for someone on a (now) 3 win streak.

Ben Askren proves Ben Askren loses to the middle of the pact UFC fighters

Eddie has never been the best of the division, maybe not even top 5.

Douglas Lima lost to Askren, he would barely be top 10.
Eddie has been ranked as high as #1, and
he got stopped by a guy who isn't even top 5 in ONE.

Eddie has never been the best of the division, maybe not even top 5.

Douglas Lima lost to Askren, he would barely be top 10.

I don't have much doubt that Lima would beat Askren now, he's improved a lot since then.

Anybody in the UFC WW division is a tough matchup for Askren outside of CM Punk.
Man I hope you're trying to be edgy. Usual Sherdog standard though a fighter was never any good immediately after losing a fight.

Back