Ben Askren Retirement Plan Includes UFC Commentator Job

Would Askren be a good UFC commentator?

• Total voters
We just got rid of this guy. The only thing MMA related I wouldn't be against him doing is if he would be co-host with Ariel on his show, that wouldn't bother me since I never watch it anyway.

Good for him. Never understood the rabid Askren haters.
I can understand finding him annoying, but people acted like he was dropping racial slurs left and right or something. His trash talk towards Masvidal was so light

More money, less punches in the face. Smart.

He's an entertaining talker and knows a lot about the ground game. If Dan Hardy can do it well I don't see why Ben wouldn't.

tennis is one of the most grueling sports on your body. And Andy won a smaller atp event, its awesome and inspirational but it is a far cry from when Andy was considered one of the best in the world. He’ll need another year to get into form imo.

Played tennis obsessively from about age 10 to 13. I rank it as about the most cardio dependent of the major sports (basketball is crazy as well, but you get breaks intermittently). Sprinting and bracing and sliding back and forth for 2-3 hours is nuts. I've taken my shoes after a 2 hours of play and just twisted them as though they were soft, warm rubber (which they essentially were).

MMA is the most insane, though - as a sidebar. Grappling mixed with striking against an aggressive competitor is just inhuman.

I could only see him at the analyst desk but I don't know who he'd replace. TBH I like all the guys they have in rotation now: Bisping, Rashad, T Wood, all very technical and have interesting personalities

He stutters and fumbles on his own words a lot

So no

I could only see him at the analyst desk but I don't know who he'd replace. TBH I like all the guys they have in rotation now: Bisping, Rashad, T Wood, all very technical and have interesting personalities

He can replace Felder, he fuckin sucks.

They should give him a TV segment called "Boom Roasted." But he could probably carry his own show. It could be on: 1) his roastings of everybody; 2) trash talk news; or, 3) best knockouts of the month.

Back