Ben Askren takes on Olympic Gold Medalist Jordan Borroughs tonight.

My dude you must not actually know wrestling. Askren past his prime of being an Olympic caliber wrestler and JB is well, JB...

Who? Me? I said in the OP I don't see how Ben doesn't get killed.

Dont give a shit about wrestling.

Lets see how he holds up in real fucking fighting.

The point———————————————-————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————->you

Who? Me? I said in the OP I don't see how Ben doesn't get killed.

No there was some banana dude who posted a thread and was merged into this. Talking shit like Askren was supposed to fucking maul JB or else he's a can.

No there was some banana dude who posted a thread and was merged into this. Talking shit like Askren was supposed to fucking maul JB or else he's a can.
Maybe he was joking? Maybe...

JB is only behind John Smith and could tie and surpass him soon. I can see it happening.

(Phone recording but not too bad.)
Askren Manhandled.
@3:30 Made an example of, knocked into the crowd, right near the start.

Not surprised y'all don't know who Jordan Burroughs is do you?

thanks for the video.

that guy is... well... explosive!

Burroughs is the best for a reason

Kudos to Ben for taking that match.

No one can ever say that Askren doesn't have huge balls... Fights a top 5 killer (and former champ) in his UFC debut.

Compare other big name signings debuts:

Conor McGregor - 7-7 Marcus Brimage
Khabib - 9-5 Kamal Shalorus
Gaedjthe - Michael Johnson (Who at the time they fought had recently fallen out of the top 10)
Pettis - Got Guida for his first fight (Guida at the time was on the cusp of top 10)

And then goes into a wrestling match with the odds stacked heavily against him. He is fighting at his walking around weight which is 184 pounds. Compare that to a guy like Woodley who walks around at 210. Hell Lawler, walks around north of 200 pounds as well.

Dude he came in as a mature fighter with multiple belts and undefeated record close to 20 wins or something while Joe Rogan full on hype on his podcast that he might be a GOAT or something. So yea they didn't give him CM Punk.

Strange thing to brag about.. at least to me.

Brock Lesnar vs Mir now that's a crazy UFC debut.. that ref lol.

And that made Brimage or Kamal ranked? They had zero top 15 wins and were not ranked when they fought Conor and Khabib. Are you actually disputing that???

Lawler was ranked #5 just prior to the Askren fight.

I was comparing the levels of competiton they fought. But I guess in your educated opinion that Shalorus and Brimage were just as dangerous as Robbie Lawler for a first fight.

People will argue about anything on here. I say, two guys got unranked opponents and one guy fought a top 5 guy and someone just has to find a way to dispute a simple fact.
To be fair, I doubt that anybody knew that Conor or Khabib were going to be hotshit when they signed them for their very first UFC fight. They train UFC

And that made Brimage or Kamal ranked? They had zero top 15 wins and were not ranked when they fought Conor and Khabib. Are you actually disputing that???

Lawler was ranked #5 just prior to the Askren fight.

I was comparing the levels of competiton they fought. But I guess in your educated opinion that Shalorus and Brimage were just as dangerous as Robbie Lawler for a first fight.

People will argue about anything on here. I say, two guys got unranked opponents and one guy fought a top 5 guy and someone just has to find a way to dispute a simple fact.
I think you guys are both missing the real point -- McGregor and Khabib were both pretty unknown by most fans when they came to the UFC and were both much younger than Askren

so they were in totally different situations where fighting other up and comers was appropriate. Ben is a veteran, has less shelf life and actually had the name value already so fighting a ranked guy in his first UFC fight made sense. At the time, Brimage was better known than Conor and was actually considered a pretty promising prospect.

How would Jordan do against Khabib?

Ben would tech Khabib in the first. Jordan would do it in under a minute if he wanted. Regarding wrestling, Khabib doesn’t belong in the same sentence as anyone who competed today (maybe except the women).

A non-wrestler would be enough, like Luis "Sapo" Santos for instance. :D

Back