ben askren will win

When it first got announced i thought the same thing as everybody else.. Ben has the worst boxing ever and is gonna get embarrassed. Now that im thinking about it again im having a change of heart. Yes Ben's striking hasnt been up to par in his mma career but he is an Olympic caliber combat athlete and has been his entire life. Say what u want but that curly headed fuck is without a doubt a warrior. He just had hip surgery which was holding him back for a very long time and now he's putting every ounce of his training into developing his boxing game. Bet the house that he will improve tremendously by the time the match comes around and he will out work and beat jake paul up. no doubt about it
No he will most likely not win. There is a reason he isn't the favorite in this fight. The bookies got it right on this one. This is the worst representation to fight Jake Paul for mma, he is going to make mma look bad with a KO loss and this fight will be used to discredit mma boxing afterwards by everyone. People in the mma community shouldn't let this happen - setting up the mma community for a shit storm that it may not recover from.

It's pretty reasonable to think that a high level wrestler would pick up boxing, and vice versa, quicker than someone who isn't. I don't think that's a controversial statement at all.
That would usually be the case but it isn't for Askren. He's been fighting for a long time and his striking has never improved. Jake Paul will win this easily and it'll just make mma look bad. At this point I don't think Askren cares and just wants to get paid, he is going to be remembered for 2 very bad KO losses - the one from Masvidal, and the one from Jake.

If he really cared about his career he wouldn't take this fight. Him accepting it with his striking ability tells me everything I need to know about this fight and it's purely a money grab for him. He himself knows he most likely will lose badly. He is ok with mma community getting publicly trashed after this fight.

Anyone betting on Askren here is a sucker. I get that Paul is a YouTuber but he has been training for a few years now and is juiced up and boxes like a fairly high level amateur basically. Askren is one of the 5 or so worst strikers I’ve ever seen in the UFC in a decade of watching. Beyond that he is old and coming off a hip surgery. The only thing he has going for him is a solid chin and basic defensive instincts that someone like Nate Robinson lacks. He still can’t damage Paul with his hands though.

No he will most likely not win. There is a reason he isn't the favorite in this fight. The bookies got it right on this one. This is the worst representation to fight Jake Paul for mma, he is going to make mma look bad with a KO loss and this fight will be used to discredit mma boxing afterwards by everyone. People in the mma community shouldn't let this happen - setting up the mma community for a shit storm that it may not recover from.
bookies get it wrong all the time dumbass

bookies get it wrong all the time dumbass
Not this time dummy. If you think Askren has better boxing than Jake Paul you are truly dumb. Just because he's a better wrestler/mma fighter doesn't mean he's a better boxer. Askren is going to make the whole mma community look really dumb if he really takes this fight.

This will be a massive L for MMA vs boxing and will be a public shit storm bigger than the Nate KO.

You guys have to stop thinking just because they do mma they can beat other combat sports athletes. Askren will not beat Jake Paul in pure boxing. A lot of mma fighters are not striking base fighters. It's dumb thinking grapplers will beat strikers in a striking match.

This shit really happening? I can’t see it happening, if so rip askren {<jordan}

i hope ben wears paul out like floyd is going to do to his brother.

i think if ben gets passed the first couple rounds paul is fucked.

ben is smarter without a doubt and a better athlete.

he can do this
Prime Ben is a better athlete. 36 year old, post-hip surgery Ben Askren is almost certainly not a better athlete right now than 23 year old Jake Paul who has been reasonably athletic and active his entire life.

It's pretty reasonable to think that a high level wrestler would pick up boxing, and vice versa, quicker than someone who isn't. I don't think that's a controversial statement at all.
It's not reasonable because beyond general athleticism, the skills of each are non-transferrable to the other. A high level basketball player for example, would be equally likely to be a good boxer as a high level wrestler, and we've all seen how that worked out.

Dude NO!

Ben is very salty over his UFC experience and is deluding himself into thinking he is still elite. You can tell by the way he describes himself in the video to Jake ('World Class" athlete wtf?)

He shouldn't be taking this fight, Jake is going to embarrass him. The silver lining is that if casuals start starting shit about MMA fighters in general, we might get a better representative to come out and KTFO Jake.

He IS a world class athlete you zoomer youtube simp. Jake is going to gas after 2 rounds and become a punching bag FFS. You about to lose a lot of bet money.

Ben is a high level trained professional combat sport athlete. He may not be a striking ace but he can hold his own. In 11 years of fighting MMA he’s only been ko’d once by Masvidal.

I think he will do fine in an exhibition fight against a YouTube with 2 years of hitting pads.

it seems that Jake Paul pulled out of this fight.
Askren has just posted a video calling Jake a coward for not accepting the fight.

Exactly this, a mma fighter with good boxing like Uriah Hall or something should step and fuck this clown youtuber up for good.

Ben is gon lose 100%

That would usually be the case but it isn't for Askren. He's been fighting for a long time and his striking has never improved. Jake Paul will win this easily and it'll just make mma look bad. At this point I don't think Askren cares and just wants to get paid, he is going to be remembered for 2 very bad KO losses - the one from Masvidal, and the one from Jake.

If he really cared about his career he wouldn't take this fight. Him accepting it with his striking ability tells me everything I need to know about this fight and it's purely a money grab for him. He himself knows he most likely will lose badly. He is ok with mma community getting publicly trashed after this fight.
I would seriously pick average sherdog member with 6 months to train cardio shape to beat Ben Askren in a boxing match.

Back