Media Benoit Saint-Denis: "I fought more against my infection / weight than against Dustin Poirier"

If BSD was 100% healthy and Poirier weathered the storm, he was gonna lose anyway. It's not like it was 100% in the bag for BSD if he was healthy lol.

jRhDNoL.jpg

Doesn't surprise me, Poirier gets lucky a lot. People seem to get injured going up against him in freakish ways. If he fought people at full health without cracked limbs or staph, he wouldn't be nowhere near contender status right now.
Can only assume Mr. Wongster is still a tad bit upset that Poirier kicked Conrats ass.. twice.

This fight was horrible to watch for me. I bet on BSD to win, but hated seeing Dustin getting handled in the first, then lost bet. lol No more AV bets or at least betting against guys I really like (which in this case meant both the fighter and the guy I was betting with)

I don't get in what way a fighter would think it benefits them to reopen the case on a recent loss that had zero referee/judge interference.
Best thing to do is leave it in the past and prepare for the next fight. Nobody, neither the promotion nor the audience, is going to care about how some training camp ailments affected a non-title fight long ago.

"Me foot was a ballewn" is rightfully still a meme, and it sums up how little weight these asterisks hold.

BSD... needs to<Kobe213>

he's embarassing himself
He's really not though, it was apparent he had a staph infection before the fight.... It's hard to win a fight on anti biotics, but to get such a big match up was a chance he couldn't pass up.

All you're doing is turning off fans BSD. Just take the L and move on. People don't like airing out the excuses after a loss. Even if they are legitimate. You showed up, you fought, you lost. You're not likely to fight him again, so just focus on the next fight.

Back