Benson Henderson: Mackenzie Dern will be bigger than Ronda Rousey

Benson should know how MMA evolves. Like the Gracies in NHB, Rousey got into WMMA with a single strong skillset when the sport was in its infant years. And in her early undefeated streak, she never faced the one fighter (Cyborg) who would almost certainly beat her. Demian Maia is better than Royce in every way but he never won belts because the sport had progressed so much.

also because the UFC didnt want him as a champ, IMO.

when maia finally got the chance for the belt vs woodley, they told him he had to take it, despite him not getting the normal time to rest up after a fight. damian was 39 years old at the time also. if i remember correctly, they F-ed Maia with his recovery/preparation time...

also because the UFC didnt want him as a champ, IMO.

when maia finally got the chance for the belt vs woodley, they told him he had to take it, despite him not getting the normal time to rest up after a fight. damian was 39 years old at the time also. if i remember correctly, they F-ed Maia with his recovery/preparation time...

Maia was a good and dangerous fighter when he first came to WW, but never good enough to get the belt. GSP and Hendricks would've stuffed his TDs and beat him standing (Hendricks by KO) just like Usman, Colby, Woodley, etc. He also lost to Shields in a fight that might have given him an earlier title shot. It was a close fight, but Shields deserved it and outgrappled Maia. Facts are facts.

Dern is a much better fighter than Rousey. Her ground game is superior, and her developing standup is already better. The reason I don't think she will be more famous is because she is not as obnoxious, and therefore won't create the polarity with fans that made her famous.

FirstFastGraywolf-size_restricted.gif

EllipticalGrossBighorn-size_restricted.gif

UnkemptSafeDegu-size_restricted.gif

FickleSoupyGrayfox-max-1mb.gif

she looks good when she gets dolled up
images

hi-res-b8079171fe8a65204f5e1e78a15d2519_crop_north.jpg

"She will be bigger than Ronda Rousey before Ronda Rousey lost,"

"She's going to be huge. She's going to be big. She has an excellent work ethic"

"Go look her up, she is a multiple-time jiu-jitsu world champion. She's won ADCC. She's won Abu Dhabi. She's won Worlds. She's the current No. 1 ranked female jiu-jitsu practitioner on the planet."

" She definitely needs to work on her MMA skills, but her ground game is phenomenal. Any woman on the planet goes to the ground with Mackenzie and Mackenzie is going to tap her"

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/former...ll-be-bigger-than-ronda-rousey-ever-was-90466
Not sure he seems to understand that star power doesnt come from just talent.

Theres nothing about her personality and mic skills that tells me she will hit anywhere near rousey.

Where in Brazil is Dern born? I presume the favellas, llt of bjj people from humble beginnings.

i prefer old school Gina but find her still fairly attractive in Mandolorian.

Strikeforce weight cut Ronda was totally hot imho but now she gross land whale
You may not have. 1st one to Carano weight wins the prize.

Eh, Dern is falling apart in looks while in her prime. Ronda had a lot of rigged sex appeal. No way does she become a cross over star and she never touches a title.

JJ/Zhang was literally 2 women throwing the same 3 punch combos at each other. It was a glorified sparring.

Idk how to explain it. It was so damn robotic to me.

I found it boring because by the 2nd round I figured we weren't going to get a finish and had to spend the next 15 minutes watching these women throw the same combos over and over.

A better example of exciting wmma was Nunes/Cyborg. That was non stop action.
I think it was because of the accumulated damage and pace. I see what you're saying. I hear you

Back