Rewatch Best back-take escape ever?

oski

Best Ref Ever
@Orange
Reaction score
Y'all know how boring it is to watch a dude wrapped around his opponent for minutes on end as we all, including the ref, look on helplessly, yes?

I for one need more of this...
Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp-24.gif

Has anyone done it better?

I literally yelled "oh shit!"

I don't recall anyone sitting so high trying to GnP from a standing back mount the way that this dude did.

That said, I've often thought pulling the head forward/down from the bottom position and slamming forward might be effective.
I'm also assuming that no one would die due to the slam.

damn that is fuckin clever! gotta have some strength and explosiveness to pull that off. dont think it could happen in heavier weight classes.
great find TS, thanks

That’s one of those all in ballsy plays that can either win you the fight or lose it. Hats off to the risk takers in combat sports though I love the all or nothing strategies when your in a tough spot.
I would personally like to see more of those :

"Well shit, I'm gonna lose anyway, might as well TRY some crazy shit" type moments.

It's the best in terms of entertainment

tumblr_n3xzz1d36X1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Can't name the dude, but I can read his lips. "Hi Japan." Okay, that's like that Jutaro guy that got his nickname "Kiss," 'cause he got ko'd by Heath Herring after going for a kiss right before the fight and it was the most viral moment of his life. I know I've seen the nickname "Hi, Japan." But I've kinda been wondering who tf names themselves that... But the origins make a lot more sense now. Thank you!

Last edited:
I like the fight where the guy took Kharitinov's back but he had his feet crossed so Serghei foot locked him.

Wow .. A clear headbutt Knockout.. great technique... it would be a DQ loss..

That’s one of those all in ballsy plays that can either win you the fight or lose it. Hats off to the risk takers in combat sports though I love the all or nothing strategies when your in a tough spot.
But.... when would they have the time to hoverhand before a tap?

Sonnen escaped the back really well against fedor

Back