Best boxing gloves in my opinion. (Boon Boxing)...and I have tried many.(sabas cleto hayabusa twins.

Bdk

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have no affiliation whatsoever with Boon I am just posting this in an attempt to save everyone some money and wasted time.

If you're looking for a pair of awesome boxing gloves you need to try Boon Boxing from Thailand they are absolutely the best boxing gloves I ever owned used and I had many:

Cleto Reyes hook and loop absolutely hated them the thumb is in a very weird position and they are very uncomfortable sold them soon after I got them. bad wrist support.

Twins 12oz velcro very comfortable gloves but bulky and sometimes when I got hit they used to twist around my hand also zero wrist support.Hated every minute I trained in them. They also have a weird shape very rounded like if you cut a ball in half and attach a thumb and wrist to it.

Sabas pro series velcro one glove fits fine the other one the thumb is too short and hurts so I can't use them also the gloves came with a mark/ scratch and the stitching quality not very good.Wrist support same as cleto reyes.(bad) also they fit weird and can't make a proper fist thumb sits in a weird position almost straight.

Hayabusa Tokushu/Kanpeki these are good I do not like the material the Tokushu are made of so I got the Kanpeki 3.0 same as the Tokushu but made of leather. They fit great wrist support is the best there is I'm not sure how durable the leather will be I do not think it's going to be as good as painted/laminated leather as I have seen old ones and they looked very bad after a year or so of use...

Boon Sport velcro they may not look flashy or fancy but these are the best fitting gloves I ever owned as soon as I slipped them on they felt great thumb is in excellent position wrist support on par with the Hayabusa Tokushu leather and manufacturing quality 10/10. Can make a perfect fist in them and love the simple classic look. If you're in the market for a pair of boxing gloves don't waste your money and go straight for Boon as I have tried the most recommended boxing brands and nothing comes close to them and also for the price you can't beat them.

They might be hard to get a hold of as you have to order from Thailand and wait a couple of weeks but man are they worth it I would pay double for them and they would still be worth it best bang for your buck there is when it comes to boxing gloves.

Last edited:
I haven't tried Boon Boxing, but I have owned Hayabusa, Fairtex, Title, Ringside, Sabas, Everlast, and R2C (C-17) gloves. I'm planning on sticking with Sabas for now... I have a pair of TCs and just ordered a pair of SS2.0s for sparring. I'd say the Sabas gloves are so far the only ones that I have been really satisfied with.

I have the Pro series bag gloves from Sabas but not a fan of them the left is good but the right is weird I can't seem to make a proper fist the thumb attachment strap is to short on the right as I can see it maybe that is why I find it feels different

Also maybe I'm more used to thai-boxing type of glove as my first gloves were Twins but I do not like the mexican styles thumbs they make the thumb kinda sit on top of your closed fist rather than allow you to pull the thumb down

I absolutely hate the Reyes, Sabas is better but if both gloves were the same fit I'd rate them higher but I imported them and for 150$ that it cost me I was expecting a lot better, Boons blow these out of the water for half the price.

Also how would you rate the R2C C-17?
What Hayabusa glove did you have?

If the Tokushu were made out of leather I'd say just as good as Boons, the Kanpeki 3.0 are like the Tokusu but not a big fan of that type of leather as I don't see it dealing well with sweat it's a kind of leather that absorbs water and humidity rather than repel it like laminated leather.

Last edited:
I hate Thai gloves, but im surprised you didnt like the Sabas. All 4 of my Sabas gloves are some of the most comfortable gloves that i own after a little breaking in.

And the C17s are up there in my top 5 gloves. No complaints at all with them

Also how would you rate the R2C C-17?
What Hayabusa glove did you have?
I've gone through three pairs of R2C C-17s. I used the first pair for the longest amount of time (probably five months of consistent use). They felt good initially. The hand compartment seemed to have gotten a lot bigger after several months of use so I stopped using them and sold them. The second pair had problems so I had to send it back (stitching on thumb was way too tight), and then the replacement had leather problems that I've posted on somewhere in the forum. I ended up sending that pair back again and selling the replacement without bothering to use them. I don't think I will buy them again.

I had the Hayabusa Tokushu Plus 16oz. gloves. I don't need very much wrist support and I found the wrist support on the Tokushu's to be almost oppressive.

I love my Sabas gloves, though. I have slightly larger than average hands and so they are maybe a little tight, but I prefer that to loose-fitting gloves. The quality of the leather is great (the white leather on my gloves are showing no hints of cracking as my C-17 gloves did) and the density of the foam is pretty much perfect. I get enough feedback and my knuckles aren't getting bruised.

I have the Pro series bag gloves from Sabas but not a fan of them the left is good but the right is weird I can't seem to make a proper fist the thumb attachment strap is to short on the right as I can see it maybe that is why I find it feels different

Also maybe I'm more used to thai-boxing type of glove as my first gloves were Twins but I do not like the mexican styles thumbs they make the thumb kinda sit on top of your closed fist rather than allow you to pull the thumb down

I absolutely hate the Reyes, Sabas is better but if both gloves were the same fit I'd rate them higher but I imported them and for 150$ that it cost me I was expecting a lot better, Boons blow these out of the water for half the price.
That's interesting.

I guess the difference lies in preference. I really did not like my Hayabusas.

I hate Thai gloves, but im surprised you didnt like the Sabas. All 4 of my Sabas gloves are some of the most comfortable gloves that i own after a little breaking in.

See, I wish I had a better experience with my C-17s. My first pair started out real well, but the foam was not very durable. And the other pairs were simply bad pairs (QC, I guess)...

For sure Thai gloves aren't the best boxing gloves haha

Boon are different than the rest of thai-gloves that's why I like them because they are made like western boxing gloves.

What I don't like about the Reyes and Sabas is they kinda put your thumb into this position like the photo.......Or am I just weird and everyone punches like that with boxing gloves on?
Fist.jpg

Last edited:
Boon are different than the rest of thai-gloves that's why I like them because they are made like western boxing gloves.

What I don't like about the reyes and sabas is they kinda put your thumb into this position the photo is exaggerated but just to get an idea......Or am I just weird and everyone punches like that with boxing gloves on?
gwb-clenched-fist-wrong-up.jpg

I get what you're saying but thats exaggerated like you said. I honestly think the thumb of the Sabas is perfect, absolutely perfect. The pro series gloves are some of the most comfortable ive ever used. A little small but thats how they make them so compact. Reyes thumv is ehh, fine for me but i can see why people have issues with it.

Boons are designed with a longer cuff, but are nothing like a traditional boxing glove at all...I own a pair of white in 14 oz they are tight.fit nicely..but are front heavy like any other thai glove. Did I mention they are tight?

I had the chance to own a few pairs of gloves. Twins velcro, Twins lace up, Fairtex BGV9, Hayabusa Tokushu and Regenesis, Top Boxer, KO Fight Gear, Rival RB1. For me, Twins velcro and KOFG are the ones I like the most. KOFG offers the best of both worlds, the have a Thai fit but such a slim profile.

Really want to get my hands on some Sabas tho.

Agree with these guys; considering I just took a random shot on Sabas gloves based on some review here I was shocked at how great they are. I've had Windy's, Twins, Everlast Powerlocks, Hayabusa Kanpeki's, Top Boxer's, R2C C-17 2.0's, and Winning's. I sold my Winnings and use just Sabas now; one pair for mitt and bag work, one for sparring. Also use their headgear. Great gear all around.

Boons don't seem to last too long when you use them for bag/pad work.

I wonder how the pair I gave away last year is holding up for that guy. It would be cool if he popped in and gave an update.

Agree with these guys; considering I just took a random shot on Sabas gloves based on some review here I was shocked at how great they are. I've had Windy's, Twins, Everlast Powerlocks, Hayabusa Kanpeki's, Top Boxer's, R2C C-17 2.0's, and Winning's. I sold my Winnings and use just Sabas now; one pair for mitt and bag work, one for sparring. Also use their headgear. Great gear all around.
That's exactly how I feel. I sold all my gloves except my Sabas TCs, and am now waiting for my SuperSofts to come in. I have been using the former for bag/mitt work and will use the new pair for sparring. I've found a glove that works and I'm sticking to it (I just hope they don't jack up the price or change the quality). I've been so let down by my experience with the C-17s relative to the praise they've received that I'm wary of trying other gloves that receive a lot of praise. Although, I suppose a lot of this has to do with preference...

I second this. I have a pair of 10oz ones because the shop in Bangkok ran out of 12oz in the brown colour. They are so good I almost don't even want to use them at all so I can preserve them in case I don't get a chance to get another pair, lol. Probably going to go back and buy a few more pairs next time I'm in Bangkok.

Had 2 pairs of 16oz Boons, both brown. No two gloves matched in weight or color, not even the ones in the same pair. 4 gloves, 4 different shades of brown, 4 different weights. Btw, from different vendors...My experiences with Boon quality control so far just doesn't put them in the first tier in my opinion. Which sellers do you recommend in the US?

Back