Best defensive fighters in ONE?

DrawK

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've not watched any ONE yet but I'm curious about how the defense of these muay thai guys changes with the small gloves.

The main difference is that the middle range is more dangerous, so basically standard strat + avoid the middle range more than usual. Check out Kongtoranee and Kongchai, both have plenty of fights in ONE and never seem to get in much trouble.

I've not watched any ONE yet but I'm curious about how the defense of these muay thai guys changes with the small gloves.
ONE muay thai has heavily changed clinching. It gets broken up after like 3 seconds. I'd argue thats a bigger change than the gloves size for these dudes. Mind you plenty of thai promotions already use very small gloves. Not to mention the open fingers just make it easier to fuck up your hands.

For good defense Panpayak is really hard to hit early on and i'd go ahead and say Sittichai even though he mainly kickboxes now and is pretty old lol.

ONE muay thai has heavily changed clinching. It gets broken up after like 3 seconds. I'd argue thats a bigger change than the gloves size for these dudes. Mind you plenty of thai promotions already use very small gloves. Not to mention the open fingers just make it easier to fuck up your hands.

For good defense Panpayak is really hard to hit early on and i'd go ahead and say Sittichai even though he mainly kickboxes now and is pretty old lol.

Even as an old guy, Sittichai is incredibly hard to land cleanly on. Excellent timing and control of range.

Petrosyan in his prime would be top of this list. but Since GLORY and ONE he hasnt been that sharp as before.

Petrosyan in his prime would be top of this list. but Since GLORY and ONE he hasnt been that sharp as before.

Petro is definitely up there, but even though he's retired now it's still Lerdsila for me.

Back