Best game trailer out there?

After finding out Mass Effect 2 was coming to the PS3 after missing out on 1, because of the red ring of death of my 360--this trailer did not fail to live up to the hype even though I had no clue what was going on.

Wow. I wanna replay the whole series again ffs. What a great trailer.

Dead Islands's first trailer is iconic. Too bad about the game.

FF7 trailers were airing in theaters back in 97. 12 year old me was like

giphy.gif

This is how you do it:

I played the 1st game and didn't like it.
I skipped the sequel.
And I think it was this trailer that made me say "Oh hell yeah I'm gonna play that game."

Still consider it to have the better story, presentation, and setting over the original - Although the gameplay may have taken a backseat.

The original doom trailer was decent:

it literally makes me sob.

IMO it was the best and the worst game trailer ever.

The originality and creativity of the trailer is unrivaled IMO. From an artistic standpoint it was one of the greatest gaming trailer ever.

Unfortunately it completely overhyped the game beyond anything ever seen. I also fell for it (the hype) mostly due to how awesome the trailer was. The game wasn't terrible. Just didn't match the awesomeness of the trailer.

My other favorite trailers were:

Halo OST Trailer

Gears of War - Mad World (love this song)

Dark Souls (All Saints' Day - perfect song for the game)

Last edited:
I used to watch the Assassins Creed 3 trailer daily. That trailer hyped me for anything going on that day

Honestly, I can't remember jack nor shit, so many trailers just sort of lump together in my head (especially the all cgi ones), the same with commercials, but these two trailers for Breath of the Wild stand out. They were extremely well done and were all gameplay or realtime in game cutscenes. I think even people that may not have been super into the game would agree these two trailers were extremely well done.

and then the game was absolutely nothing like that

it literally makes me sob.

Damn, ive not seen that since the 1st time. Has a Last of Us feel (not the shit sequel).

Still, i didnt mind Dead Island, but i can understand the gripes. Lots of slow, walking around in the beginning, doing silly missions, and my god, what i fucking HATE in these crafting games is going to find shit, only to open many, many EMPTY containers. Waste of time.

The original doom trailer was decent:

That’s not the original Doom trailer. There was no trailer for Doom in 1993.

90% of that footage is from Doom 2, and it was made by a fan in 2016 meant to emulate the style of the Doom 2016 trailer:

I randomly remembered this whilst on the train the other day and rewatched.

It is an EPIC trailer. Just perfect.

I know it's an old bump, but R6 Siege has really been upping their trailers lately.

Back