Best GnP ever: Jones, Cain, Khabib, Fedor?

If Jones got the TD he either worked you with elbows until the ref stopped it, or forced you into giving up the submission, Jon in top position was a wrap.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Khabib's ground and pound was quite rare and ineffective. For someone who frequently used the word "smash," he sure wasn't very good at it.
Rare and ineffective? He had the 2nd most GnP in ufc history l. And it was literally the main part of how he won all of his fights. All of his fishes were TKO via ground and pound or GnP into a sub

Tell me you've never seem a Khabib fight without out right saying it lmao.

Fedor, and it’s not even close.
You have to admit the way Bigfoot Silva pounded Fedor into ground beef was quite impressive. Ryan Bader also pounded Fedor into a living death. I guess he was resting up for later rounds, hoping his opponents would gas as they beat the hell out of him.

Fedor displayed the most single shot power and Jones laid waste to plenty of opponents from top position but if you could transfer the GNP skillset of any single fighter into your brain instantly and you chose anyone else other than Khabib then you don't understand what you're watching.

Anyone who says Khabib's ground and pound was effective doesn't know what they are talking about. Being reckless and missing the majority of your shots don't qualify as having a good ground and pound. He has two finishes with ground and pound and none of them were as impressive as what Stipe was able to do to Overeem. Let me guess, Horcher and Tavares is way better than Overeem?

If you are asking about what was the most ruthless and vicious ground and pound that I've ever seen, that goes to Stipe on Overeem. He literally dribbled Overeem's head on to the canvas. Khabib, Cain, Fedor or Jones had nothing on that ground and pound. Not even close.

With one elbow Jones broke Vera's face in 3 different places, severed a nerve, and lodged a chip of bone behind his right eye. Vera couldn't even fly home as the pressure of the airplane would destroy his face even further if he tried.

6 months later he was still complaining about not even being able to simply touch his face without it hurting, and to this day he still has 2 plates screwed into his skull helping hold it together.

With one elbow Jones broke Vera's face in 3 different places, severed a nerve, and lodged a chip of bone behind his right eye. Vera couldn't even fly home as the pressure of the airplane would destroy his face even further if he tried.

6 months later he was still complaining about not even being able to simply touch his face without it hurting, and to this day he still has 2 plates screwed into his skull helping hold it together.

My god Jones was a baaaad man for sure.

Wonder if the motherf*cker was on stereoids even back then ... with the low level of testing and his nbl bros knowledge of the secret juice ??

Holy shit. Jones GNP elbows and Ngannous hammerfists are probably the two most lethal weapons on the ground I've seen

My god Jones was a baaaad man for sure.

Wonder if the motherf*cker was on stereoids even back then ... with the low level of testing and his nbl bros knowledge of the secret juice ??
everybody is on steroids. I watched JJ recently talking about his approach to GnP. It consists of jiu-jitsu pressure and sharp, multiple elbows.

"It's amazing how many top fighters have never seen their own blood before" SAVAGE

Khabib close second but he couldn't make people panic quite like Jon. If headbutts were legal Khabib would be king easy. Imagine him trapping an arm (or two) and throwing headbutts

everybody is on steroids. I watched JJ recently talking about his approach to GnP. It consists of jiu-jitsu pressure and sharp, multiple elbows.

"It's amazing how many top fighters have never seen their own blood before" SAVAGE

Khabib close second but he couldn't make people panic quite like Jon. If headbutts were legal Khabib would be king easy. Imagine him trapping an arm (or two) and throwing headbutts

solid post
have my like, sir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back