Best Instructional for White belt

LilLydi9

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been doing bjj for about 8-9 months and training about 4-5 days a week just wondering what the best instruactional video is out there..i really like watching popovitch's stuff on youtube. Just curious is to who i would benefit the most from. Thanks!

Anything that will shore up your basics. I've heard good things about Roy Dean's Blue Belt Requirements. Maybe some people can chime in who have watched more instructionals than me. Of course it's no substitute for real training, but it's good for reminders, details, and ideas.

Roy Dean's blue belt requirements was great. he really explains the intricacies of techniques very well. It helped me a ton.

I haven't seen many instructionals that would be really good for white belts. Saulo's instructionals are good, but are not especially geared towards white belts in my opinion.

I think you should look for an instructional that shows you one or two techniques for each position, and explains them in detail. 99% of instructionals will have a section on half guard, and then show 5 or 6 different passes, which is not really that useful.

Probably one of the best series of instructionals I've seen for beginners are TrumpetDan's videos on youtube. He gives you a couple of options for each position, explains them very well, plus they all fit together in a system. And it's free!

Roy Dean's Blue Belt Requirements

Saulo Ribeiro - JJ Revolution 1

Demien Maia - Science of JJ

Roy deans blue was great for me when I was a 2-3 stripe white trying to figure stuff out.

Demian Maia's first set is pretty good. Lots of solid basic techniques and it promotes thinking on a conceptual level, which I think is pretty valuable even early on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back