Best Intro of An Unknown (Old School Rap)

Make-U-Tap

Anti Social People Person
@purple
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/Um1S-C0zUQo

I have to give it to Redman here.(He was regionally known in the early 90's) This is where he got national exposure in 94'. Definitely gets my vote for "breakthrough" performance.

Cliffs-- Skip to 3 mins in...

Muddy Waters is a classic. Malpractice always bring me back to my HS days. Love Funk Doc. His MTV Cribs episode was hysterical.

Great song. As for another artist who blew up from a feature:

Canibus on the Lost Boyz "Beasts From The East" track. Coincidentally Redman makes an appearance as well!

West Coast Bad Boyz Vol 1 introduced a bunch of bay area/northern ca rappers to me. We used to bump every track on this album.

I don't think there could be any other correct answer...

West Coast Bad Boyz Vol 1 introduced a bunch of bay area/northern ca rappers to me. We used to bump every track on this album.

Every song on that CD was dope as fuck and everybody in the Bay was bumpin that when it came out
Most people dont even know that Master P started out in the Bay Area and its that CD that helped him blow up into the music mogul that he became
I remember the Bay Area was dropping compilations every other week to showcase the great unknown music we were making during that time frame
West Coast Bad Boyz, Herm - Trying To Survive In The Ghetto, Get Low Playaz and Bay Area Playaz are the best of the bunch

First thought is Busta Rhymes on "scenario" and maybe again when he showed up with the Fugees on one of those late night talk shows (letterman I think). Dude was like nothing I'd ever seen or heard before.

Good ones so far.

AZ- Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But somethin must of got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin in peace and some are sittin in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin to carry on tradition
Keepin the schwepervesence street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
but as long as we leavin thievin we'll be leavin with some kind of dough
so, and to that day we expire and turn to vapors
me and my capers-ll be somewhere stackin plenty papers
Keepin it real, packin steel, gettin high
Cause life's a bitch and then you die

Cormega

Criminal thoughts in the blue Porsche, my destiny's to be the new boss
That ***** Paulie gotta die - he too soft
That *****'s dead on, a key of her-oin, they found his head on
the couch with his dick in his mouth, I put the hit out
Yo, the smoothest killer since Bugsy, bitches love me
And Queens where my drugs be, I wear Guess jeans and rugbies
Yo my people from Medina they will see you
when you re-up on your heater all your cream go betweeen us
Real shit, my Desert Eagle got a ill grip
I chill with, *****z that hit Dominican spots and steal bricks
My red beam, made a dread scream, and sprayed a Fed team
Corleone be turnin *****z to fiends
U-Conn's and ninja black Lexus, 'Mega the pretty boy
with mafia connections it's The Firm ***** set it

Every song on that CD was dope as fuck and everybody in the Bay was bumpin that when it came out
Most people dont even know that Master P started out in the Bay Area and its that CD that helped him blow up into the music mogul that he became
I remember the Bay Area was dropping compilations every other week to showcase the great unknown music we were making during that time frame
West Coast Bad Boyz, Herm - Trying To Survive In The Ghetto, Get Low Playaz and Bay Area Playaz are the best of the bunch

That CD was great, but the trend of putting out tons of compilations kind of sucked. It stretched bay area hip hop too thin.

Bone Thugs and Harmony came out of nowhere hard and put out some good stuff.

First thought is Busta Rhymes on "scenario" and maybe again when he showed up with the Fugees on one of those late night talk shows (letterman I think). Dude was like nothing I'd ever seen or heard before.

true, but he was already established as one of the frontmen of LONS by the time they released scenario.

but agreed, i miss old busta.

also, if i remember right, head banger came out in like 93/94 but redman had already released 'whut? the album.' in 91/92 - 'time for sum aksion' is one of my all time favorite songs

i wouldn't say he was unknown - maybe by people who didnt follow east coast rap but he, k-solo, das efx were known at this point.

Probably the first time I heard DMX

Lord Finesse introduces Big L

[YT]v1_FDi7j3-E[/YT]

Considering this was before kill bill and all.

One of Pun's first appearances: Fire Water

Back