• Curly Sue (1991)

• She's Having a Baby (1988)

• Uncle Buck (1989)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
I've been recently having a rerun of John Hugh's 80's classics and having a great laugh.

In your opinion, what's his best movie?

Directed? Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Wrote? Probably Christmas Vacation, but Home Alone is a close second.

Going with PT&A in the poll.

Directed? Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Wrote? Probably Christmas Vacation, but Home Alone is a close second.

Going with PT&A in the poll.

I'm doing a thread for the movies he wrote in a couple days. He's wrote quite a few good ones.

I'm doing a thread for the movies he wrote in a couple days. He's wrote quite a few good ones.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing how many great films he's connected to.

PT&A, Christmas Vacation and Home Alone are three absolute holiday juggernauts--just quintessential movies--and he had a hand in all three.

The only time I've ever seen my dad laugh was watching planes, trains, and automobiles

The only time I've ever seen my dad laugh was watching planes, trains, and automobiles

It's a hilarious fucking movie, and it is easily THE Thanksgiving movie.

I can appreciate several of Hughes's films--Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club and Uncle Buck for instance--but it's PT&A that I have the strongest sentimental/emotional connection to.

I never feel a strong urge to go back and revisit any of his other films, but PT&A is a must-watch every year.

A list of some GOAT films. Personally I am partial to The Breakfast Club.

So much so,that my daughter just recreated the movie poster using her comic book characters she created.

sixteen_candles_ver1.jpg

Bueller with Breakfast Club second.

I've been recently having a rerun of John Hugh's 80's classics and having a great laugh.

In your opinion, what's his best movie?

Weird Science with Breakfast Club as a close second and Planes, Trains and Automobiles as a close third.

1. Planes Trains and Automobiles
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
3. Uncle Buck

Never got the love for the Breakfast Club.

LOL at sixteen candles. You nancies experiencing menopause yet? (Apologies to any actual ladies who may have voted for this film)