• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Best "keep handy under the bed" self defense pistol?

I'm good with my Glock .40 under my pillow

Not sure if I'd want a 3 point internal safety type weapon under my pillow; especially when you never know where your hand will go when asleep. With one on the chamber you're one bad dream away from killing your girlfriend

Sig .45 Equinox. shoots small groups right out of the box and has night sights.

Not sure if I'd want a 3 point internal safety type weapon under my pillow; especially when you never know where your hand will go when asleep. With one on the chamber you're one bad dream away from killing your girlfriend

ehhhh...shit happens.

Any HK, best handguns in the world if you can afford one.

They are good if you're in law enforcement or something, but if you want to get away with peeling someones cap a revolver is a lot better (no casings, cheap you can just throw it away).

They are good if you're in law enforcement or something, but if you want to get away with peeling someones cap a revolver is a lot better (no casings, cheap you can just throw it away).

really, any stolen weapon with filed numbers and rifling will do the trick....
Getting away with murder and a good weapon for self defense are two different ballparks....

why would you keep ur home defense pistol "under your bed"?

well i just keep a regular air pistol .22 caliber because in the uk we aint allowed to own guns without a license n i would never admit to owning a gun illegally...but yeah, police issue baton, air pistol and a 2 year old pitbull straight from ireland, i feel sorry for the opportunistic b**tard that would need to steal from me!

Sig Equinox .45 cal. comes with night sights. Use Carbon ammo also

I keep mine under my bed. I figure I can have it loaded and ready to go in less than 10 seconds.

That's 9.5 seconds too long, bro. I think that the average gunfight lasts about a half a second (I don't recall where I read that). I understand that your personal situation may prohibit you keeping a loaded weapon under your bed. However, do not live under the false sense of security that you will have adequate time (or presence of mind, for that matter) to properly load, and chamber a round in, your weapon to meet any given threat.

Stay safe.

M'sack

I chose to avoid adding trijicons to my hk..use a rail mounted surefire instead...I like carbon ammo...

I have the surefire that attaches to the rail but what i meant was the Sig .45 comes with painted glow in the dark dots on the sights. I also had custom trigger work done on my Sig.

shotgun by far best home defense weapon. Finest handgun would be a custom Wilson combat elite .45.

The best weapon is the one you're most comfortable with. Try out various different models to see what works for you, not just some random people on the internet.

However, if you really want to know my opinion, get a CZ75. HKs are ludicrously overpriced, Sigs are huge, Glocks are about as comfortable as holding a ball of glass and barbed wire and 1911s require way too much attention to be anywhere near reliable and accurate.

1911s require way too much attention to be anywhere near reliable and accurate.

No other pistol design has been as battle-proven, seen as many competitive victories, and been as customized as this fine design. To own a fine sample of one of these proven pistols is to own not only a quality, functional, accurate firearm, but to own a piece of history. The 1911 is, in the purest sense, a classic.

the 1911 sucks so much this is a small list of one that carry it
Marine Force Recon, Los Angeles Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics, the FBI Hostage Rescue Team and 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta (Delta Force)

I have the surefire that attaches to the rail but what i meant was the Sig .45 comes with painted glow in the dark dots on the sights. I also had custom trigger work done on my Sig.

yeah I know...some trijicon makes detachable nightsights............

Did you adjust the trigger pull? lighten it?

No other pistol design has been as battle-proven, seen as many competitive victories, and been as customized as this fine design. To own a fine sample of one of these proven pistols is to own not only a quality, functional, accurate firearm, but to own a piece of history. The 1911 is, in the purest sense, a classic.

the 1911 sucks so much this is a small list of one that carry it
Marine Force Recon, Los Angeles Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics, the FBI Hostage Rescue Team and 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta (Delta Force)

My kimber micro is top notch...
911 is a great weapon becuase it's weight (and often tactical length) give you incredible shot for shot control in a point shoot cqc situation.
Although operators can use what they like, as most have access to the state departments tier one kit.

The best weapon is the one you're most comfortable with. Try out various different models to see what works for you, not just some random people on the internet.

Indeed.

However, if you really want to know my opinion, get a CZ75. HKs are ludicrously overpriced, Sigs are huge, Glocks are about as comfortable as holding a ball of glass and barbed wire and 1911s require way too much attention to be anywhere near reliable and accurate.

I agree that making the commitment to buy a decent firearm and lay out the cash needed to do so should not be done exclusively by heeding the counsel of others who may not be anywhere near the expert they think they are.

Even experts may be a crappy choice. As I may have mentioned before, a buddy of mine who works at a security firm as a liaison between the IT department and the non-techie guys running business solicited the advice of the security professionals he worked with. The advice they gave was certainly not bad; however, it was misplaced and not useful.

This was because the guys offering their opinions were highly-experienced and highly-skilled armed professionals who as often as not had backgrounds in SOCOM, police tactical response units and other such outfits. These being organizations involved in a line of work which are not very often known to forgive mistakes or tolerate poor marksmanship.

Hence, they all recommended what *THEY* would choose or did choose, most of which hovered in the $1,000 neighborhood. For a guy engaged in a profession where he stands a pretty decent chance of one day being put in a situation where all that stands between him and the obituary page of the local paper is his sidearm and how quickly he can put lead on the target and end a deadly-force situation...this makes sense. For a guy like my buddy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if he was standing inside the goddam thing, it makes about as much sense as dousing the money for the gun in lighter fluid and using it to grill steaks.

Back