Best Martial Art for defense?

systema or aikido are best and most practical.

Probably combat sambo, sanshou, UFC for H2H. If melee, then you need to train Society of Creative Anachronism or somewhere like ARMA.

The best martial art is... whichever is the best gym near in your area.

Wingchun imo

Yep,;)
  1. WING CHUN - 5 years fully completed/studied
  2. KRAV MAGA- 5 years fully completed/studied
  3. KUNG FU SAN SOO - 5 years fully completed/studied
Heaps of dedicated training at least 4 times a week, over 20 years worth of great training.

Given you can and desire to pursue it after hours with discipline to stay fit and strong and conditioned.

Are my top 3 best, for there very aggressive forward offensive/defensive attack!

I would also suggest train in some Aikido - Jiu - Jitsu Tenshin Ryu with Aiki added component no more than say just 3-4 years learn the general system and its core techniques.

There are many techniques that will work great in given situations.

Then do 1 year of Boxing, then 1 year of Muay Thai and you will have covered so much ground it all gels and makes so much more sense than just hitting a MMA gym.

You will have the best of both worlds "TMA and MMA"!;):D

Last edited:
Farting after eating garlic pies <45>

It's gunS. Lots of them.
BriefPlumpCur-size_restricted.gif

Agoraphobia combined with track and field.

Does boxing count as a martial art? If so, boxing is your best bet to survive in a street fight.

Judo. Maybe Dim Mak.

No single art has all the answers, but if I could choose only one for self defence, I'd go with Thai Boxing. The techniques are relatively simple, but battle-tested and efficient. And regular sparring gives you the chance to hone your skills against a resisting opponent, as well as developing mental toughness.

Ninjitsu.

Notice how nobody does it anymore? That's because the students keep being mortally injured or dying. It is literally too dangerous to practice.

That is why Ninjitsu gets my vote. Particularly the Bujinkan style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back