Best Movie About Wrestling

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
My favorite is "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei.

The only thing that would have made it better is for them to have spent some time showing him at the peak of his career so then when you see him at his lowest points it his more impact. You'd see the quality of life he once had and just how far he's fallen.

I love The Wrestler, definitely one of the best
My favorite is the 80's classic Body Slam but I just watched All The Marbles the other day and it was really good
Solid story of a womans tag team traveling the territories trying to work their way up to a title shot while dealing with the scumbag gangster promoters that ran the business and forced them to do things they didnt wanna do
A lotta great wrestling action in this one, including topless mud wrestling
Both chicks were hot as fuck and there was some decent all natty nudity, brunette chick has a real sweet ass too
The girls wrestled kind of an old school lucha libre-ish style which surprised me somewhat, expected to see they were trained by Mexicans but it was all American workers in the credits including old timey legend Mildred Burke
All in all I give this movie my highest 7 thumbs up recommendation and I suggest everyone give it a shot

The Wrestler is the easy pick here. A-Class movie all round, with a career best performance from Rourke.

I'd throw Beyond The Mat in too. Documentary, not a fiction narrative, but a great look behind the scenes. There's also a scene in The Wrestler that is lifted straight out of Beyond The Mat. When Randy has been in the extreme rules match and is getting staples pulled out of him back stage, it's literally exactly the same as a scene with Jake The Snake in Beyond The Mat.

With the exception of the Wrestler, are there any other good movies centered around pro wrestling? I can't think of another good one. Ready 2 Rumble just for the nostalgia maybe. I think all the other ones have been shit. I gotta check out Body Slam and All The Marbles.

220px-Ready_to_rumble_poster.jpg

With the exception of the Wrestler, are there any other good movies centered around pro wrestling? I can't think of another good one. Ready 2 Rumble just for the nostalgia maybe. I think all the other ones have been shit. I gotta check out Body Slam and All The Marbles.
The new Paige movie is really good

I enjoyed Nacho Libre, as well as El Santo vs the Zombies. The Wrestler (1974) was good too.

honorable mention to the Scooby-Doo/WWE crossover animated movies.

The one with Hulk Hogan and Zeus... They even had them feud in WWF... Don't recall the name without google... Pretty sure it broke box office records. :)

Paradise Alley was good.

Back