Best Performance in UFC history?

EnthusiastCultivator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What do you think is the best showcase of skills, fighting abillity and toughness ever displayed in a fight?

I have 3 contenders to this questions:

GSP vs Jon Fitch

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Honorable Mentions:

McGregor vs Alvarez

Khabib vs Poirier

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua
These two I feel like the performance of their opponent was a massive factor, Forrest totally broke mentally and Shogun gassed very hard by the end of the 1st round, both fights I think ended up with the winner playing with their food quite a bit.

GSP vs Fitch maybe, I don't think Fitch was ever quite as good as his record/ranking personally but still he was totally dominated whilst not looking in bad form at all.

BJ vs Hughes 1.

Anderson vs Franklin 2

Cain vs JDS 2

Some good ones you already listed.. I'll say Edgar vs Maynard trilogy, all 3 of their fights were incredible, it had everything you are asking for, skills, fighting ability and toughness. Probably Edgar vs Maynard 2 is the very best example, but all 3 of their fights are amazing, best trilogy imo.

There are a lot. I'll add this one, because it popped into my mind right away.

1thdx4vf0m2b1.gif

Max was completely in the zone, and couldn't lose this fight. It was fucking wild how much of another level he was on on that night, and Kattar is no slouch.

There are a lot. I'll add this one, because it popped into my mind right away.

1thdx4vf0m2b1.gif

Max was completely in the zone, and couldn't lose this fight. It was fucking wild how much of another level he was on on that night, and Kattar is no slouch.
Max teaching Ortega how to box in the middle of a title fight comes to mind

How about Khabib v Barboza. A competely one- sided, torturous beat down. I would've thrown in the towel if I was in Edsons corner

bj penn vs diego sanchez - this was the peak BJ againt a prime diego and he completely dominated and stopped him.

wanderli silva vs rampage 1 and 2 - showcase of toughness skill, ability, and finishing ability against a young rampage.

couture vs belfort 3 - couture treated belfort like a toddler who wet his bottom, dominating and then stopping him.

Tie between Silva/Griffin and Jones/Shogun. Just was one sided out from the gate and complete domination. They both were soul snatching experiences.

Tie between Silva/Griffin and Jones/Shogun. Just was one sided out from the gate and complete domination. They both were soul snatching experiences.
I agree with this one. Anderson had the most magical and flawless, or maybe against Leben a near 100% accuracy.

But then Jones did everything to Rua. Body punching, every type of kick you can throw, knees, hellbows, rock bottom, ground and pound, submission attempts. It was brutal.

I agree with this one. Anderson had the most magical and flawless, or maybe against Leben a near 100% accuracy.

But then Jones did everything to Rua. Body punching, every type of kick you can throw, knees, hellbows, rock bottom, ground and pound, submission attempts. It was brutal.
Yeah Jones/Shogun was just destroying him with every move in the game. I'll have a soft spot for Silva/Griffin though because of how unbelievable it was, every time Silva touched him was like he was in slow motion and hit the right punch in the right place, I would be amazed if we ever see anything like it again.

Anderson Silva’s debut against Chris Leben. It was flawless and set the stage for his remarkable title run. Leben was also the unofficial #1 contender on a five fight winning streak, which I believe was the biggest MW streak with the exception of Rich Franklin at the time.

Anderson Silva’s debut against Chris Leben. It was flawless and set the stage for his remarkable title run. Leben was also the unofficial #1 contender on a five fight winning streak, which I believe was the biggest MW streak with the exception of Rich Franklin at the time.
That has to be the best arrival "I'm here, get ready" type performance of all time at the very least.

I remember it well, absolute dominant perfection.

To meet all those criteria I'm picturing a fighter who won impressively in spite of a significant injury in the fight, like torn knee, or torn bicep, pulled groin, etc., and still dominating, looking god-like throughout, maybe even being the underdog going in.

Back