Best place to learn wrestling in Las Vegas?

steezyvegas

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey sherdog new to Vegas and I really want to expand my wrestling for mma and no gi. I have visited a few gyms and figured this out-

xtreme coutre- Kyle Griffin (tysons brother, wrestled for osu) teaches mma wrestling twice a week over there.

Drysdale-kyle griffin teaches once a week there

cobra kai- there are three wrestling 1.5 hour wrestling practices run by chris harris (former nv 3x st champ, juco all american, college coach)

syindicate- twice a week with john wood (idk who he really is)

wand fight team, sergio pehna, mica don't have wrestling.

I don't think I am missing anyone right?? This doesn't seem like to strong of a wrestling scene here. Does anyone train judo in Vegas? I would be down to go to a judo dojo also. Thanks I search barred

Honestly, your best bet is going to be buying private lessons from an ex college or international wrestler. Wrestlers will do this for dirt cheap compared to BJJ guys, and wrestlers of that calibur usually have thousands more matches than your average black belt.

Chris Harris is probably your best bet for wrestlers. No offense, but placing once in JC's isnt much of a credential. There are much better wrestlers in Vegas who are working 9-5's and teaching highschoolers. I have a couple of buddies there who are pretty good, and they rank low on the totem pole for unused wrestling talent in Vegas.

We have some great wrestlers at Sergio's. We don't have a "formal" class but "Tricky" Mark Dickman does privates for dirt cheap. Mark is an RFA fighter that is 8-1. His one loss is to Jordan Rinaldi who now trains with us. Mark does privates at Sergio's and I think over at Nick's as well (One Kick's Gym). One of the great things about Mark is how dedicated he is to teaching. He has these personalized training books he uses with each of his students making everything very personalized. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in wrestling/mma privates with him.

Chris' class is actual wrestling, meaning he will also teach matwork. Jusy so you don't go in expecting only takedowns.

Also its an hour long

I am also curious if anyone can recommend someone for privates in LAs Vegas to mainly work on Stand up grappling, takedowns etc.. along with No Gi Ground work.
I am not competing or into MMA but I just want to improve.
I have only been training for a few months but I feel I need extra help and I never wrestled as a kid.

Let me know.. Looking for someone patient and technical but not too complex as this stuff is pretty new to me. Looking for Friday-Sunday to train. I just need help.

I actually just moved to Las Vegas. Im guessing I am going to have the best wrestling credentials in town minus Randy. I am training at Cobra Kai but I have no idea if they would allow private lessons in there. I also work out with a team who is coached by a kid I used to coach in HS. PM me, I can probably help you.

I actually just moved to Las Vegas. Im guessing I am going to have the best wrestling credentials in town minus Randy. I am training at Cobra Kai but I have no idea if they would allow private lessons in there. I also work out with a team who is coached by a kid I used to coach in HS. PM me, I can probably help you.
New teaching job?

I am also curious if anyone can recommend someone for privates in LAs Vegas to mainly work on Stand up grappling, takedowns etc.. along with No Gi Ground work.
I have only been training for a few months but I feel I need extra help and I never wrestled as a kid.

Let me know.. Looking for someone patient and technical but not too complex as this stuff is pretty new to me. Looking for Friday-Sunday to train. I just need help.

Yes JAck lol.
I cannot teleport back to Middle School. Its very odd that I am early 40s to get into grappling. The thing is I have done MArtial arts like MT and KRAV but I always wanted to learn the grappling arts but it just never happened. Now I figure its now or NEVER. i have started only no-gi about 2 months ago. When we do the takedowns its very rare and hard to grasp much as you dont get the reps that you need for the muscle memory and doing it every several weeks wont work. So I figure why not find a wrestling guy who can make me average. I will never be good but average would be wonderful

Yes JAck lol.
I cannot teleport back to Middle School. Its very odd that I am early 40s to get into grappling. The thing is I have done MArtial arts like MT and KRAV but I always wanted to learn the grappling arts but it just never happened. Now I figure its now or NEVER. i have started only no-gi about 2 months ago. When we do the takedowns its very rare and hard to grasp much as you dont get the reps that you need for the muscle memory and doing it every several weeks wont work. So I figure why not find a wrestling guy who can make me average. I will never be good but average would be wonderful
?

New teaching job?
San Diego cost of living and my fiance got a job in LV that was too competitive for her to get in SD with her credentials (5 year Navy vet competing against guys who retired in the Navy) Im waiting for my license to clear, so I am just training right now and enjoying the heat

San Diego cost of living and my fiance got a job in LV that was too competitive for her to get in SD with her credentials (5 year Navy vet competing against guys who retired in the Navy) Im waiting for my license to clear, so I am just training right now and enjoying the heat
I just got a job in Chicago. Still figuring out whether I’ll coach at a school or just with BTS

Back