Best situation for my Cat Nebula

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Try to keep it short as possible (it’s long)

I have a cat that me and my now ex girlfriend got together (her name is Nebula)

We got her in 2020 and like a week after we got her my gf left me for someone else, the only reason I bring that up is that during the cats “formative years” I was the only one there with her so she grew very close to me.

Me and my gf had an apartment together, she left, and I was left with Nebula and also my gfs male cat Calypso. For about 4 months.

Eventually me and my gf worked things out and she moved back in and we dated up until about 3 weeks ago. (So a few years)

So she’s leaving me again and here’s my question.

My ex is allowing me to take Nebula when we separate.

Nebula is very attached to me, she sleeps with me, will wake me up for work pawing at my face or back because she wants attention, she knows when I’m about to be home from work etc. Even when things were good with me and my GF Nebula 80% of the time would stay with me (me and my gf have been staying in separate rooms for a year). Nebula has a very strong connection with me.

So I love this cat & I want to take her, but Nebula has also grown very close to Calypso the male cat, and Nebula does also like Anna (my ex)

I guess I’m just curious whether my cat Nebula would be happier with me alone, or happier with Anna (ex) AND Calypso?

There’s obviously no scientifically correct answer to this ridiculous question I’m just curious what you think would be the best outcome for my cat Nebula?

didn't read entirely but pussy is elusive
keep chasing it

TS and his cat:

Nwni4XF.jpg

We got her in 2020 and like a week after we got her my gf left me for someone else, the only reason I bring that up is that during the cats “formative years” I was the only one there with her so she grew very close to me.

Me and my gf had an apartment together, she left, and I was left with Nebula and also my gfs male cat Calypso. For about 4 months.

Eventually me and my gf worked things out and she moved back in and we dated up until about 3 weeks ago. (So a few years)

Nebula is very attached to me, she sleeps with me, will wake me up for work pawing at my face or back because she wants attention, she knows when I’m about to be home from work etc. Even when things were good with me and my GF Nebula 80% of the time would stay with me (me and my gf have been staying in separate rooms for a year). Nebula has a very strong connection with me.

So I love this cat & I want to take her, but Nebula has also grown very close to Calypso the male cat, and Nebula does also like Anna (my ex)

I guess I’m just curious whether my cat Nebula would be happier with me alone, or happier with Anna (ex) AND Calypso?

There’s obviously no scientifically correct answer to this ridiculous question I’m just curious what you think would be the best outcome for my cat Nebula?

She's your cat sir.
Cats are ok with being alone, mine is 26 years old, and hasn't had her sister around for 11 of those years.

The contessa in your avatar is mysteriously familiar.

Realistically those cats are happier together. Listen to the song and kidnap both of them. Ask the ex gf if you can have both cats every so often.

Last edited:
You live in an apartment ? Are there lots of stairs there that maybe are treacherous? Or does your ex like to go open water swimming a lot ? Or perhaps appear a target for a muuger who may be over enthusiastic? Or maybe has her hairdryer on the edge of the bath tub for some reason whilst she bathes,?

I think either way would be fine. Personally, I would keep the cat. But it sounds like she’s in good hands either way.

I think you need to take a step back and assess your ability to evalute relationships. You go back to a woman who has already left your ass one time, and are then surprised pickachu face when she does it again, which now puts two innocent cats quality of life at risk. Go look your self in the mirror on that one, sir. Do better.

With that being said, take Nebula and get another cat to keep Nebula company.

Back