Rumored Best striking technique is the threat of the TD

Masvidal was trying to counter him with a left hook (which he was trying all night).

kZWBdnX.gif

Time and time again people lower their hands to grab underhooks and get cracked by overhand rights.
My thoughts exactly, it has hard to argue. I first realized this when Randleman KO'd Cro Cop with an overhand in the Pride GP. <iframe src='' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='480'>

Agreed. Extremely powerful combo if the fighter has an overpowering top-game making his opponent terrified of getting taken down, and thus serving his chin on a silver platter.

That was the key of GSP's success.
Always making his opponent guess ,it's either a jab, a feint jab, a TD or a feint TD

Yeah thats right. Khabib was owning everyone on the feet because his opponents were so worried about the takedowns.

Time and time again people lower their hands to grab underhooks and get cracked by overhand rights.
its why gsp was the best striker ww has seen(sorry wonderboy). i wont say khabib is the best striker at LW but his takedowns are a big part of why he can storm guys and throw power punches and flying knees. khabib has alot better stand up then people realize because of how good his takedowns are

Then you got guys like Charles Oliveira that is not afraid to get taken down so he fights with a high guard

true, the threat of anderson silva/jose aldo/adesanya''s takedowns is what made them dominant strikers

its why gsp was the best striker ww has seen(sorry wonderboy). i wont say khabib is the best striker at LW but his takedowns are a big part of why he can storm guys and throw power punches and flying knees. khabib has alot better stand up then people realize because of how good his takedowns are

true, his granite chin and relentless stamina has nothing to do with it. nor does his distance control and athletic ability, khabibs takedown threat is all he needs to walk down killers like barboza and gaethje.

gregor gillespie's takedown threat made his striking technique amazingly good against kevin lee

true, his granite chin and relentless stamina has nothing to do with it. nor does his distance control and athletic ability, khabibs takedown threat is all he needs to walk down killers like barboza and gaethje.

gregor gillespie's takedown threat made his striking technique amazingly good against kevin lee
feel better? did me not saying that and making the same point the first guy did some how make you feel like i slighted khabieber? same go's for gsp

feel better? did me not saying that and making the same point the first guy did some how make you feel like i slighted khabieber? same go's for gsp

no no, like i said, i agree with the topic starter

'the best striking technique is the threat of the take down'

it is definately a striking technique and it is definately the best. evah.

Back