Best/Worst UFC Men's Divisions

MM808

808er
@Black
Reaction score
e3ae9e2be78ff38e40fe5ec3d736787e.png

b7357cbb1cc8f8f561ce78d992051c53.png

e922c520ce9532b059a7aea77217480b.png

Opinions? I like the Middleweight and Welterweight divisions equally at the top, however Yoel and Rockhold could be moving up to Light Heavyweight so I'll go with the Welterweight division.

For the worst, I would go with the Light heavyweight division especially when Jon Jones returns. Dont see anyone challenging Jones or DC for the title yet unless Romero/Luke do well at that weight class. Flyweight is the second worse IMO due to Mighty Mouse cleaning out the division and now fighting the same guys more than once.

Light Heavyweight is the worst. Flyweight and Heavyweight are both pretty bad too.

The others I'd rank Lightweight>Featherweight>Bantamweight>Welterweight>Middleweight.

Bantamweight though has the most talented top 3 in MMA, in my opinion of course.

For me, FW is at the top now. They have a number of legitimate up and comers tha display a high range of skill.

The heavier weight classes have become sprawl and brawl.

FLW is just boring. Middleweight has killers everywhere so it’s my pick.

I like how its such a debatable topic. Some people look at the top fighters as a measure, the overall rankings as another, potential talent, etc. It really is a tough question.

Tier 1 (Awesome divisions):

LW, FW, MW

Tier 2 (Really good divisions):

WW, BW

Tier 3 (OK divisions):

HW, FLW

Tier 4 (Shit division):

LHW

LHW and HW are absolute garbage fires. They’re the worst, without a doubt.

Flyweight is the worst because it matters least.

But ya, LHW is pretty shallow these days.

205... Did anyone enjoy the fight between Glover and Anderson.... Shoot. Without Jones and Cormier, Bellator is right there if not ahead....

Heavyweight by far is the worst. It's almost always been the worst.

Stipe Miocic is a great champion and one of the greatest heavyweights ever...and with his skillset, he would struggle to crack the top 10 at lightweight.

Overeem and Arlovski are somehow still relevant a good 10+ years after their primes, and they had already been knocked out a bunch of times then. Now, both have noticeably slowed-down reactions and movements from all the head trauma...but that's still enough to be contenders. Hunt at 44 is a shadow of his former self, and his former self wasn't that good to begin with (being decimated by Mousasi when Hunt's grappling was only marginally worse than it is now) in terms of where MMA has evolved. Oleinik has beaten a ton of guys despite having awful stand-up, being slow as mud, 40 years old, having no more than decent wrestling, and one go-to submission.

Don't even get me started on Derrick "I used to train 30 minutes a day but I trained 2 whole hours daily for the N'Gannou fight!" Lewis. A woefully limited fighter who wouldn't even sniff the top 30 in a good division, let alone #2.

It's debatable which division is the best, but the worst is almost invariably going to be heavyweight.

205 is not good. Plainly and simply.

HW isn't much farther ahead.

My favorite division is WW considering the entire division is a shark tank.

Worst division is heavyweight because if we take their skills, regardless of size, they would lose in every other division. The best is probably lightweight. If Khabib weighed 40 pounds more hed be a champ for life lol

My votes would go for MW and LW. Although FW is good, I think it's a little overrated. Stephens wasn't even a top 10 LW when he left the division. I also think that BW is better than it's given credit for. WW is a little overrated. LHW is the worst it's been in years. HW is okay. And who gives a shit about FLW.

Back