BETTER CALL SAUL Discussion Thread v.3

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
Yawn... the only thing this show has going for it is its a part of the breaking bad world.

This last episode wasn't as boring as usual but still disappointing. At least we got another breaking bad character this episode.
This was by far the weakest of the three episodes so far. You probably shouldn't be expecting just a continuation of bb

That's Breaking Bad in a nutshell.
I can't even believe I engaged in him that trolling. His whole argument was Walter White wasn't self-destructive because he started with good intentions.

I can't even...

And yes, his reveal from being the baddie to being an actually good guy was great. Then he had to go and ruin it by being a di*k to Kim.
I think he felt that Kim put her friendship with Jimmy over her mentorship with Howard and the firm.

Kim did take the bullet for Jimmy. Howard didn't know that Jimmy didn't tell Davis and Mann about the commercial. It probably wouldn't have mattered. Kim's personal life was affecting business relationships. She would have been sent to doc review regardless.

Doc review is where the money is made.... #blowsbrainsout

So why the f are you watching it and commenting? Are you that deprived of drama?

I wasn't aware this was a "positive comments only" thread. I watch it cause BB is my favorite show of all time and I'm waiting to see if this show turns out to be even half as good. The last 2 episodes were definitely better, but there were maybe 5 good episodes total in seasons 1 and 2.

This was by far the weakest of the three episodes so far. You probably shouldn't be expecting just a continuation of bb
I'm not lol. This seems to be the go to response to anyone who isn't in love with the show. I'm not expecting a continuation of BB but as a spin off I'm expecting a continuation of the tone and character of the show the spin off is about. BB was a exciting and kept the watcher engaged BCS is neither. He'll it's been 3 seasons and Saul hasn't even shown up yet. This show is nothing about saul goodman or what made him great in BB. It's about legal shit and family drama.

People act like it's impossible to make a prequel to BB about Saul Goodman that has the same pacing and tone that made BBC great, they just chose to go in a different direction. It has the same style, subtleties and cinematography that made BB great they just forgot to make it interesting. They are doing a really great job filming grass growing with BB easter eggs every now and then.

Kim is the most milquetoast, white woman ever lol. Her only redeeming quality is loyalty. At least Sky annoyed the fuck out of me; Kim is just so bland, it's unreal.

I wasn't aware this was a "positive comments only" thread. I watch it cause BB is my favorite show of all time and I'm waiting to see if this show turns out to be even half as good. The last 2 episodes were definitely better, but there were maybe 5 good episodes total in seasons 1 and 2.
People who love this show are very defensive. It seems like they feel loving this show makes them smarter and better people. This show is like expensive abstract art that looks like my kid made it with finger paint.

I watch the show for the same reasons and feel the exact same way about it.

Kim is the most milquetoast, white woman ever lol. Her only redeeming quality is loyalty. At least Sky annoyed the fuck out of me; Kim is just so bland, it's unreal.
Exactly! People who act like she is a better character than Skyler are insane. Kim literally has no personality on this show. She has done nothing notable and is completely forgettable. I hated Skylar with a passion which is exactly what you want in a character.

The only character that makes sense in this prequel age wise is Don Salamonca. He is physically younger in this show... and older in Breaking bad
Everyone else looks older: Mike, Tuco, Jimmy etc.

But great show. Im glad I gave it another try.

I'm not lol. This seems to be the go to response to anyone who isn't in love with the show. I'm not expecting a continuation of BB but as a spin off I'm expecting a continuation of the tone and character of the show the spin off is about. BB was a exciting and kept the watcher engaged BCS is neither. He'll it's been 3 seasons and Saul hasn't even shown up yet. This show is nothing about saul goodman or what made him great in BB. It's about legal shit and family drama.

People act like it's impossible to make a prequel to BB about Saul Goodman that has the same pacing and tone that made BBC great, they just chose to go in a different direction. It has the same style, subtleties and cinematography that made BB great they just forgot to make it interesting. They are doing a really great job filming grass growing with BB easter eggs every now and then.
I made my statement because you said it was the best of the season, when in reality it was actually the worst of the 3. The only reason you would think its the best is because you saw more bb characters in action and gus interacting with Mike. But really, the episode itself was much poorer than the other two.

It's been a bit slow and underwhelming, but interesting so far.

I still think it has potential once they get past the slow build up.

I made my statement because you said it was the best of the season, when in reality it was actually the worst of the 3. The only reason you would think its the best is because you saw more bb characters in action and gus interacting with Mike. But really, the episode itself was much poorer than the other two.
They all have been pretty boring. The last episode at least nudged the story forward with Mike meeting and working with Gus to fuck over Hector. Gus's and Mike's origins is pretty much the only story line worth a damn on the whole show right now. Jimmy's story line is crap.

Walt explained at the end that it wasn't about the money, it was about the thrill and feeling alive/good at something.

That is ridiculous.

BB is the most overrated show in history. It's a decent show but the love affair people have for it is odd. Every episode needed some major thing to happen. A story can work without having major drama in it.

BB is the most overrated show in history. It's a decent show but the love affair people have for it is odd. Every episode needed some major thing to happen. A story can work without having major drama in it.
One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. It isn't the most over rated, it's the most highly rated...according to the Guinness book of world records.

"Every episode needed something major to happen" you are really going to knock a show for having major things happening every show?

"a story can work without having major drama" you can also make ice cream without sugar, it doesn't make it taste better.

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. It isn't the most over rated, it's the most highly rated...according to the Guinness book of world records.

"Every episode needed something major to happen" you are really going to knock a show for having major things happening every show?

"a story can work without having major drama" you can also make ice cream without sugar, it doesn't make it taste better.

Yes, yes I am. Having major drama means lazy writing. They needed that boom! for it to work. A good story doesn't need that. A great show will seamlessly flow and grab your attention shootings, deaths or explosions.

The show is overrated. BCS is far more interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back