BETTER CALL SAUL Discussion Thread v.3

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
Yes, yes I am. Having major drama means lazy writing. They needed that boom! for it to work. A good story doesn't need that. A great show will seamlessly flow and grab your attention shootings, deaths or explosions.

The show is overrated. BCS is far more interesting.

Preach, brother.

I'm really enjoying everything about this show.

So I'm assuming the beginning of these episodes are glimpses of life post 'Breaking Bad' -Jimmy working at the mall, the gym shoes on the wire..

Solid idea imo. Clever way of giving some complete closure to the series if that's where they're going.

Last edited:
Bob Odenkirk is the fucking man. I havent filled many of my Better Call Saul posts with alot of opinion, fact or even sustenance for that matter, so not starting now.

Leaving you guys with an "I fucking love this show" after every episode until I can put my love for it into words :p

Yes, yes I am. Having major drama means lazy writing. They needed that boom! for it to work. A good story doesn't need that. A great show will seamlessly flow and grab your attention shootings, deaths or explosions.

The show is overrated. BCS is far more interesting.
LOL at breaking bad having "lazy writing"

Hey its your opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. If you find the premise of a lawyer and his brothers drama more imteresting than a teacher turned meth dealer, more power to you.

I just find it a bit silly that you equate action and excitement to lazy writing because a good story doesn't "need it."

A story doesn't need excitement to be good but it does need to be interesting.

LOL at breaking bad having "lazy writing"

Hey its your opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. If you find the premise of a lawyer and his brothers drama more imteresting than a teacher turned meth dealer, more power to you.

I just find it a bit silly that you equate action and excitement to lazy writing because a good story doesn't "need it."

A story doesn't need excitement to be good but it does need to be interesting.

I've got no problems with shows that are based on drugs. The Wire for example was an amazing show that showed different angles of the drug world. There were deaths and violence but the show was at least believable. Breaking Bad was just a silly drama where it needed violence and silly things to happen for it to work. Many parts were just foolish.

BCS has been a great story so far. I enjoy the dynamics of Jimmy and his brother. I don't need a crap load of violence for a show to work. Hell, I think The Crown was one of the best shows on television in the last year. It's all about how well the show is written and BB was just silly in many ways.

Last edited:
I've got no problems with shows that are based on drugs. The Wire for example was an amazing show that showed different angles of the drug world. There were deaths and violence but the show was at least believable. Breaking Bad was just a silly drama where it needed violence and silly things to happen for it to work. Many parts were just foolish.

BCS has been a great story so far. I enjoy the dynamics of Jimmy and his brother. I don't need a crap load of violence for a show to work. Hell, I think The Crown was one of the best shows on television in the last year. It's all about how well the show is written and BB was just silly in many ways.
You are weird.

You are weird.
oDorw.gif

Walt explained at the end that it wasn't about the money, it was about the thrill and feeling alive/good at something.

Walt also explained it at the very beginning, with his actions. In the 2nd episode ever, when his super rich friends offered to cover all of his medical bills, and take care of his family if anything happened to him. And he turned them down, out of pure ego, and bitterness. Nothing to do with his family.

@Blackjack you can write 50 wall of text posts, but it won't change that fact homey. We learn that in the very first season, and then just to drive the point home, they have him flat-out admit it in the series finale.

i-did-it-for-me.gif

82008-Walter-White-Felina-gif-I-did-jVah.gif

Walt also explained it at the very beginning, with his actions. In the 2nd episode ever, when his super rich friends offered to cover all of his medical bills, and take care of his family if anything happened to him. And he turned them down, out of pure ego, and bitterness. Nothing to do with his family.

@Blackjack you can write 50 wall of text posts, but it won't change that fact homey. We learn that in the very first season, and then just to drive the point home, they have him flat-out admit it in the series finale.

i-did-it-for-me.gif

82008-Walter-White-Felina-gif-I-did-jVah.gif

He stated from the beginning he was getting into that business to leave his family money. Before he got killed did he leave money with the Schwartzes to be sent to his son when his son turned 18 years old or did Walt just spend it all on himself and leave nothing for his family? He kept to his word. He lived very frugally and left 7 million dollars for his family.

Did Hank chase Walt into the desert and his eventual death for himself, or was he just doing his job? Hank got killed because he followed the strategy of a meth junkie instead of a strategy created by the DEA. In fact, The DEA told him to leave Walt alone. Had the DEA sent him to do that he would have had the necessary back-up to make it possible for him to survive. Hank didn't care about his job though; he was out in the desert that day against the orders of his superiors to satisfy a personal vendetta and his massive ego.

Called it

You called nothing. You said Walt didn't do it to leave money for his family but at the end of the show Walt accomplished his goal of leaving the money for his family. He certainly didn't spend it on himself.

Last edited:
The storyline over "Will Jimmy lose his license to practice law" is stupid because we already know he goes on to practice law. At most his law license might get suspended for a short time.

Hank?

U drunk bruh

Typo fixed - it says Walt. My previous post was about Hank so that's why I was thinking of him. If you don't want to scroll back I'll post it here so you can say whether you agree or disagree with what I wrote. Here it is: You called nothing. You said Walt didn't do it to leave money for his family but at the end of the show Walt accomplished his goal of leaving the money for his family. He certainly didn't spend it on himself.

If it's too complex for you to decide whether you agree or disagree and why, then simply don't reply to it.

Typo fixed - it says Walt. My previous post was about Hank so that's why I was thinking of him. If you don't want to scroll back I'll post it here so you can say whether you agree or disagree with what I wrote. Here it is: You called nothing. You said Walt didn't do it to leave money for his family but at the end of the show Walt accomplished his goal of leaving the money for his family. He certainly didn't spend it on himself.

If it's too complex for you to decide whether you agree or disagree and why, then simply don't reply to it.

Can't you even figure out whether you agree or disagree with what I wrote in the above post? I see you're posting on this site but haven't yet said you agree or you disagree with it. Earlier you said you think I'm wrong, so what do you think he did with the money, spend it all on himself and leave nothing for his family?

I find it simple. He set a goal to leave money for his family. He told Jesse that was why he got into the meth business. Walt made millions of dollars and did leave them for his family. By the end of the show he achieved that goal of leaving money for his family. What is the difficult part for you?

Back