Movies Better director: Nolan vs Tarantino

Also, while Nolan shoehorns fucking Harry Styles in to a film, QT finds Christoph Waltz from nowhere, allowing him the room and material for a performance of a lifetime.
Really? QT also shoehorns himself into half of his movies with mostly terrible results.

Tarantino. Nolan is a good director who applies interesting concepts to his films but if we are being 100% honest, he owes a good portion of his career to Michael Mann whereas I would argue as a director, Tarantino blends a lot of different influences into his work. Both definitely have a distinctive style but I really do think that Nolan has been chasing the style of Mann films for some time

Tarantino. Nolan is a good director who applies interesting concepts to his films but if we are being 100% honest, he owes a good portion of his career to Michael Mann whereas I would argue as a director, Tarantino blends a lot of different influences into his work. Both definitely have a distinctive style but I really do think that Nolan has been chasing the style of Mann films for some time
You could argue I spose Tarantino has a heavy early Godard influence to him(especially A Bande Apart which he acknowledges) but really I think he was not nearly as much a product of his era, slick high concept thrillers were popular when Nolan broke though but not many people were making films like Tarantino.

Tarantino for dialog and plot lines.

Nolan for visuals, scope and theatrical (Home and theater) value

Nolan used to be my favorite director but his magic is gone.

Every movie he did was great up until Dunkirk, then he started regressing.

Dunkirk and Oppenheimer are pedestrian. Tenet was just bad.

Also, I hate the fact that he doesn't listen to audience feedback. They criticized his fight choreography in the first 2 Batman films and instead of improving, he gets even worse in the 3rd one.

They criticize him for having dialogue that the audience can't hear or understand, and instead of improving, he digs in his heels and makes it worse.

So for me, Quentin is much better now. I also find QT's movies infinitely more rewatchable than Nolan's.

Both massively overrated imo. Quentin takes the title on Pulp Fiction alone though. Better than Nolan’s entire cumulative catalogue!

Also, I hate the fact that he doesn't listen to audience feedback. They criticized his fight choreography in the first 2 Batman films and instead of improving, he gets even worse in the 3rd one.

They criticize him for having dialogue that the audience can't hear or understand, and instead of improving, he digs in his heels and makes it worse.

So for me, Quentin is much better now. I also find QT's movies infinitely more rewatchable than Nolan's.
Nolan was never my friend

BatMan is cringe af, none of the charm of the J Nicholson one

Dunkirk and Oppenheimer are two of his best films.

Back