Better fighter, Lennox Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Both are among the best HWs of the past 30 years, but who was the better fighter? I say Lewis. He has wins over Holyfield, Bruno and Morrison, who are better than anyone Wlad beat.

Wladimir Klitschko is the better fighter with the better legacy

Lewis cleared the HW division out single handidly over the course of a decade

Wlad had to rely on his brother to beat some fighters

In the ring, there are many parameters other than boxing skills that ultimately determine the outcome of a fight. I tend to agree with Emanuel Stuart when he said that Klitscko was the most talented boxer, but out of the two, Lewis was the toughest fighter anyone could face. The same could be said about Lewis and Bowe.

Lewis has the better wins. Wlad is great, though.

Wlad is underrated by many, but Lewis is the greater fighter.

Wladimir Klitschko is the better fighter with the better legacy
Are you serious? Lewis destroyed...
Ruddick
Bruno
Morrison
Golota
Briggs* (Amazing fight)
Grant ( Total destruction)
Rahman
Tyson

My thoughts:

- Klitschko is the better technical pure boxer.
- Lennox Lewis is given expensive praise for fighting a lot of his contemporaries and had the better names on his resume (but he didn't fight a prime Tyson or prime Holyfield and that is worth mentioning, although, yes, he did fight them). I will say that Klitschko fought all of his contemporaries as close to their prime as he could, it's not his fault he wasn't 'on the scene' in the 90's (even though he started in the late 90's he was a European without a name so who cares?).

I think Klitschko is the better boxer, but I feel if they fought, Lennox would win. He showed in the Vitali match that he would 'fight' a guy if he absolutely had to and Wlad doesn't like mixing it up.

Tl;dr: Wlad's a better technical boxer but I'd bet on Lewis if they fought.

Lennox Lewis is a better boxer, he's beaten better opposition.

This cannot be a serious question?

Wladimir by miles.

Lennox would beat Wlad 9/10. Wlad is technically very good at the fundamentals though. I think he’s very underrated but he’s not better than Lennox.

Back