Better gimmick than Ted DiBiase

The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase was a legit gimmick. Nott the best mind you.

In this thread you will post a gimmick you think is/was better than the Million Dollar Man.

I will then respond and tell you if you are correct or not.

I love how TS states post 1 gimmick (not more than one) yet you will have posters respond with multiple wrestlers.

The Iron Sheik was a better gimmick than DiBiase. He took some amazing heat creating the character after the Iran hostage crisis, running around with an Iranian flag that Jerry Lawler airbrushed a picture of the Ayatollah on, haha. He was the one to finally beat Bob Backlund after his six year reign as WWF champ, and also the one to really launch Hulkamania into a national phenomenon when he dropped the belt a little later.

His HoF acceptance speech is also arguably the best ever.

abepin.jpg

Yet you still came into the tread. Well done.
Did you see that policeman beat up that rooster? What about that hockey player attacking that pimp! Worst of all i saw a tugboat captain beat the snot out of a person who was already dead! Gtfo

Andre the giant. wish I thought of that giant gimmick. Imagine if he was andre the cowboy?

anyone say muhammad hassan yet? pretty good when you gimmick is so hot you are forced to eliminate it

The best gimmicks are the dudes who just turned themselves up to 11:

Austin
Rock
Piper
Flair
Gibson/Morton
Hart
Hogan
DDP
AJ
Bryan
Brock
Cornette
Heyman
Michaels

Dishonorable mention: XPac because he got fuck off heat.

DiBiase was never actually his character.

Also I think Taker is a pretty godawful gimmick that only worked because of luck, nostalgia and natural charisma. Biker Taker is on paper a better idea.

The best gimmicks are the dudes who just turned themselves up to 11:

Austin
Rock
Piper
Flair
Gibson/Morton
Hart
Hogan
DDP
AJ
Bryan
Brock
Cornette
Heyman
Michaels

Dishonorable mention: XPac because he got fuck off heat.

DiBiase was never actually his character.

Also I think Taker is a pretty godawful gimmick that only worked because of luck, nostalgia and natural charisma. Biker Taker is on paper a better idea.

Most of what you listed aren't gimmick characters. Playing yourself on TV is easier. Dibiase was in mid south playing a character nowhere's near the million dollar man. Vince called him up and Ted made it work.

Most of what you listed aren't gimmick characters. Playing yourself on TV is easier. Dibiase was in mid south playing a character nowhere's near the million dollar man. Vince called him up and Ted made it work.
i loved the loaded glove

THE BEST GIMMICKS ARE WHEN YOU PLAY YOURSELF

Andre the Giant....little known fact is that he actually was a midget, he just never broke kayfabe so we never knew.

Back