Better prospect at Light Heavyweight, Tyson Pedro or Dominick Reyes?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This division has been gasping for new blood for quite some time, and I think it's finally starting to gain some new blood and potential future contenders with Pedro, Reyes, and a few others.

No doubt Pedro and Reyes are the 2 up and comers in the division everyone has there eye on right now though. Both are undefeated, violent well rounded finishes, and both have very good Bones like frames for the weight class. I have very high hopes for both of these guys.

Who of the 2 do you think makes it further? Do you think either could be a champion someday? Who wind if they were to get matched up?

What weight class is Erik Silva again?

I haven't seen much of Reyes besides his last performance which was impressive.

Pedro has got a solid ground game and will go far IMO. He just needs to improve his standup skills.

Reyes vs Villante would be a pretty sick fight off the top of my head

Reyes is legit. Don't know how good his ground game is personally but he's powerful accurate and technical standing for sure.

Pedro is fighting Latifi @ UFC 215
I'd like to see Reyes against winner of Villante/Cummins.

Pedro is fighting Latifi @ UFC 215
I'd like to see Reyes against winner of Villante/Cummins.
Good idea but I think they should let Reyes develop a highlight reel so Kimball for him. And if both Bosse and Villante win that fight would be nuts and the UFC would be stupid to pass on it.

tough matchup for pedro. I think that if he takes this he has all the tools to be a legit contender.

Reyes looked sick last weekend. Gotta go with him.

didn't pedro get popped?
Don't you be playing with that shit, Pedro is one of the brightest prospects at LHW.

At this point, I gotta go with Tyson, just because he's shown a very good ground game. Both could go very far though.

We've only really seen Reyes for like less than 2 minutes, so it's kinda hard to say anything other than he has solid standup and hits damn hard. We've seen what Pedro can do on the ground and past 3 minutes, so we know more on him. Therefore, in conclusion, you have to tip towards Pedro right now.

Pedro.. as i don't think Reyes is legit. Don't get me wrong, he'll knock some mofo's out for sure. But i just don't think the guy will be getting all that close to the top, but we'll see.

No Antigulov love? Cutelaba is also like 4 years younger then Reyes.

Too soon to tell for Reyes I think, the way his fights have played out I don't have much to go on. Not sure why people want to rush him into fights with fringe top 10 guys. Give him Jeremy Kimball next and then a fringe top 15 guy.

Reyes. That guy could turn out to be the future of 205. Want to see him against a top 10 opponent next.

My bad, who the heck am I thinking of?? Maybe a MW that looked promising......this gonna drive me crazy

Back