Better trait: Iron chin/ pillow fists or Glass jaw/ heavy hands

Both are really entertaining and we've seen them both at the top level.

If I were a fighter though, I'd want a granite chin for sure. I gotta imagine having a glass jaw screws with your confidence a bunch. At least with a strong chin you can confidently bank on wearing the other guy down.

I do love watching guys with dynamite in their hands/feet but sub-par chins like Joaquin Buckley. Almost a guaranteed banger regardless of the result.

Last edited:
greater chin..... they can build a career out of it.... glass jaw won't last long in the ufc and it will be at the expense of your own heatlh i.e. cody g or magic marlon are going to have regrets in their mid 40s.

Depends on your cardio. If you’ve got a great gas tank then the chin is worthwhile.

Nah.
Getting knocked out cold is clearly better long term.
Ask Bigfoot or Overeem.

heavy hands/ platinum chin

giphy.gif

i don't think there are many fans or fighters who want someone to have a glass jaw. not unless you hate the guy.

Glass jaw and heavy hands.
Do not end up like Dariush or Muhammed. It is better for your career and health. I think people like Max have more braindamage than Overeem. Not sure though

Both are really entertaining and we've seen them both at the top level.

If I were a fighter though, I'd want a granite chin for sure. I gotta imagine having a glass jaw screws with your confidence a bunch. At least with a strong chin you can confidently bank on wearing the other guy down.

I do love watching guys with dynamite in their hands/feet but sub-par chins like Joaquin Buckley. Almost a guaranteed banger regardless of the result.

Same

If it was regarding myself, i'd rather have a Granite Chin instead of risking being knocked out so many times as Walker

This guy had a glass chin but a relatively successful career, if he had the defensive capabilitiies of Floyd or Pernell he'd be one of the GOATs. A chin is required if your defense, ring IQ or reflexes aren't the greatest but I'd much rather be a defensively sound "Glass Cannon" than the opposite. Durable guys get the adulation and given the warrior moniker etc but they all seem to be punch drunk post career. Roy Jones is another I'd put in the same category, not the greatest chin but his reflexes were so good he avoided getting hit flush for almost his entire career.

Back