Beyond UFC 223: Khabib vs Conor in Russia?

Yo Tipster!

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
OK, so plenty of rumours flying around this week that the UFC have already got Russia locked in as a potential venue to host an event for the winner of Holloway vs. Khabib against Conor McGregor.

I know we're jumping the gun here and given that plans in this sport change like the wind, it could all evaporate quicker than this thread gets bumped.

Here's a hypothetical timeline for the chain of events sparked off by this weekend's action. Is this on point or totally BS?

April 2018 - Khabib defeats Holloway

April 2018 - UFC in Russia announced

May 2018 - McGregor and Khabib social media trash talk 2.0

June 2018 - Khabib vs. McGregor confirmed for UFC in Russia

July - Holloway vs. Ortega confirmed for same card

Sept 2018 - Khabib wins, Holloway wins

Dec 2018 - Khabib vs. Diaz, McGregor vs. GSP on same card for NYE?

Conor wil never fight khabib

Not a fucking chance, not gonna happen , not even a possibility he won’t ever fight a wrestler again

Khabib will never fight Conor

Not a fucking chance, not gonna happen , not even a possibility he won’t ever fight a striker again

Khabib will not fight Diaz if he wins your theoretical matches, that part made me lol. Khabib v Connor is about as likely as Junie Browning getting pregnant.

Conor wil never fight GSP

Not a fucking chance, not gonna happen , not even a possibility he won’t ever fight a wrestler again

How can you predict fights and possible outcomes nearly 1 year ahead when the UFC can't even predict what will happen 1 week from now?

Lol I say why not it’s be a win/win for us all... idk why people act like Conor is scared over someone... Conor is picking and choosing his opponents and wanting money... Conor vs Khabib in Russia is bout as big money can get besides a fight with GSP... I personally think Conor game and TDD get crapped on cuz most of y’all hate him... he’s pretty damn talented and made easy work with Eddie who is no joke... it’s not like Khabib is this technically sound striker... he can be reckless at times and wild with his pressure... Conor prolly thinks he can do the same as what he did to aldo who came in charging vs him

I could see Conor vs khabib in Russia. It's a fight people would like to see. There's money there for people to spend, ufc likes money, Conor likes money.. Khabib is a star there even more so if he beats Holloway and is champ. It would definitely sell ppvs. I khabib says he doesn't care about money, but it would be a huge chunk..

It's all about the money, people!

Russia has ca$h

Conor loves ca$h

UFC wants a bigger European audience

Conor wil never fight khabib

It certainly isn’t going to happen in Russia.

why does everyone think Conor wants to fight in fucking Russia!? There's no money to be made.

The big bucks are made from American PPVs, the fight in Russia would have to be at 6am local time to cater to the US tv audience.

Plus, Russia is practically a 3rd world country, they are poor as fuck over there. They may be able to fill a stadium, but the could only charge $5 a ticket

terrible terrible idea.

IF they do a russia event, it will fight night card

Russia is practically a 3rd world country, they are poor as fuck over there
why does everyone think Conor wants to fight in fucking Russia!? There's no money to be made.

The big bucks are made from American PPVs, the fight in Russia would have to be at 6am local time to cater to the US tv audience.

Plus, Russia is practically a 3rd world country, they are poor as fuck over there. They may be able to fill a stadium, but the could only charge $5 a ticket

terrible terrible idea.

IF they do a russia event, it will fight night card

How ignorant are you?

Russia practically owns the English Premier League through oil money.

Russia hosted the Winter Olympics, and will host the 2018 World Cup.

Tickets for large sporting events will sell out like gold dust.

"Still, in 2016, Russia’s GDP purchasing power parity was $3.75 trillion, which is sixth in the world, and Russia will remain in this place for the next 33 years, until 2050, according to research by Pricewaterhouse Coopers.

Dana even just said Conor is looking to return in September which is the Moscow PPV. For sure that's the big date.

Ok mr 2017 go fuck yourself

tenor.gif

Back