International Biden Admin takes next step toward WWIII - Blinken "Ukraine will become a member of NATO"

You are anti-American.
Gonna need a little more proof than that. I got years of pro-America posts under my belt on this board.
Russia is not communist.
By this logic, I am guessing by your definition, they never were?
If you cared for Ukranians you would support peace talks. Putin sits alone at the negotiating table.
I cared about peace talks a whole lot more before February 2022. I still care about peace talks but not sure how it would go now.
It's people like you who have failed the Ukranians supporting this nonsensical war.
If you are basing this nugget off of what you are replying to than you need to check my post history on this subject. I've been adamant on saying Russia sucks and would have no problem if Putin got assassinated tomorrow.
If Ukraine hadn't canceled the last three elections,
Pretty sure that's how it works during war. Elections get delayed. Which is what I think the Dem party will do in October if Biden's poll numbers don't improve.
Ukrainians would elect someone willing to negotiate with Putin.
Neither one of us are Ukrainian and don't really know if this is true.

The war started in 2014 when Victoria Nuland backed the coup of the democratically elected Ukrainian government and select the new leader with no regard for our international allies.

We weren't supposed to expand NATO "1 inch" east of Germany. This is what happens when we decide to lie when making international agreements.
The war actually started when Russia invaded and took Crimea in 2014, and the new stage of the war in 2022 when they invaded again. The war consists of Russia invading, which is a criminal act that violates international laws. The only one to blame is Putin.

Gonna need a little more proof than that. I got years of pro-America posts under my belt on this board.

By this logic, I am guessing by your definition, they never were?

I cared about peace talks a whole lot more before February 2022. I still care about peace talks but not sure how it would go now.

If you are basing this nugget off of what you are replying to than you need to check my post history on this subject. I've been adamant on saying Russia sucks and would have no problem if Putin got assassinated tomorrow.

Pretty sure that's how it works during war. Elections get delayed. Which is what I think the Dem party will do in October if Biden's poll numbers don't improve.

Neither one of us are Ukrainian and don't really know if this is true.

Just a heads up brother, you're arguing with Oceanmachine/Snowblindlove. A known communist pussy and lover of anything anti-America

The war actually started when Russia invaded and took Crimea in 2014, and the new stage of the war in 2022 when they invaded again. The war consists of Russia invading, which is a criminal act that violates international laws. The only one to blame is Putin.

Wait, you didn't know that Russia took Crimea AFTER the coup took place?

Why do uneducated morons like you get to have an opinion.

You've been fact checked.

Not sure which chicken or egg came first here but..... Wasn't there an agreement for Ukraine to get rid of it's nuclear weapons if Russia agreed never to invade?

yeah, but that was before nato expansion east that they said won't happen after fall of soviet union and ukraine democratically elected president being removed in a western backed coup.

puppet comedian was also talking about joining nato and putting nukes on border with russia

Just a heads up brother, you're arguing with Oceanmachine/Snowblindlove. A known communist pussy and lover of anything anti-America
And he was doing so well, until he went full tard and stated dems would delay the election because of bad poll numbers..

And how many land did the US annexed?
on paper or in reality?

yeah the territory isn't officially part of us, but us pretty much dictates country's policies.

would it make you feel better that crimea just declared independence and wasn't officially part of russian like south ossetia?
Most leftists are Russian backed.
is it right wingers like orban or left wingers? make up your mind?

is anybody who doesn't parrot msm propaganda russian backed?
"installed their puppet"

You mean having free and fair elections?
no, i mean us deciding who's gonna be in the government.
Mexico would never antagonize the US because Mexico exports like 350 billion dollars to the US each year, what can Russia offer in exchange? absolutely nothing.

The only way Mexico turns full Russia is if it becomes a dictatorship like Venezuela and i can assure you the US "intervention" would be limited to bringing back elections, not taking the whole country.

and ukrainian president didnt want to antagonize russia and was removed in a western backed coup... thats the whole point.

and here you just admitted us will intervene to "restore order" and wont let russian backed opposition that's hostile towards us just take over the country in a coup.

Tell me you dont understand what the Soviet Union was without telling me you dont understand what the Soviet Union was. Ukraine was never "Russia."
Soviet Union was a rebranding of the Russian Empire. Before the Russian Empire was medieval times when the ethnic distinction of Ukrainians and Russians hadn't developed yet. The concept of Russia formed around the core of Kiev and Novgorod.

Not endorsing any other point that guy might have been making, just saying the idea that Ukraine used to be part of Russia(land of the Rus) is factually correct.

Russia had no issues with Ukraine pushing towards Europe and their interests however Russia's their red line was NATO.
As far as I can tell the whole mess started because Russia pressured Yanukovych to renege on signing the EU co-operation agreement to which he'd already committed and which had passed parliament, leading to the revolution of dignity and the Russian-directed separatist movement in response.

Ukraine wasn't imminently joining NATO but it seems pretty likely now (along with Sweden and Finland).
The war started in 2014 when Victoria Nuland backed the coup of the democratically elected Ukrainian government and select the new leader with no regard for our international allies.

We weren't supposed to expand NATO "1 inch" east of Germany. This is what happens when we decide to lie when making international agreements.

The context of that call (as far as I can decipher it) was about who they'd like to see Yanukovych pick as prime minister between Yatseniuk and Klitschko. Meddling maybe (although Ukraine was turning toward the west and the sides had to interface) but there isn't a word about couping Yanukovych as pro-Russian takes portray it, rather just a new cabinet under Yanukovych being negotiated trying to compromise with the opposition, who ended up refusing the deal. And ultimately the escalation of the popular protests to ousting Yanukovych was followed by democratic presidential elections recognized internationally including by Russia.

Regarding NATO expansion, I don't think there was ever any true international agreement limiting it, and it doesn't happen autonomously without nations seeking to join, and Russia had also committed to Ukraine's full sovereignty in agreements like the Budapest memorandum.

As far as I can tell the whole mess started because Russia pressured Yanukovych to renege on signing the EU co-operation agreement to which he'd already committed and which had passed parliament, leading to the revolution of dignity and the Russian-directed separatist movement in response.

Ukraine wasn't imminently joining NATO but it seems pretty likely now (along with Sweden and Finland).

The context of that call (as far as I can decipher it) was about who they'd like to see Yanukovych pick as prime minister between Yatseniuk and Klitschko. Meddling maybe (although Ukraine was turning toward the west and the sides had to interface) but there isn't a word about couping Yanukovych as pro-Russian takes portray it, rather just a new cabinet under Yanukovych being negotiated trying to compromise with the opposition, who ended up refusing the deal. And ultimately the escalation of the popular protests to ousting Yanukovych was followed by democratic presidential elections recognized internationally including by Russia.

Regarding NATO expansion, I don't think there was ever any true international agreement limiting it, and it doesn't happen autonomously without nations seeking to join, and Russia had also committed to Ukraine's full sovereignty in agreements like the Budapest memorandum.

Dig deeper into the details of the coup. You have to seek out non western and non biased reporting. You will find that the west was behind everything.

Yes there are rules.
A country that is in involved in a conflict cant enter NATO.
That is what NATO officials a year ago they are like backtracking their own statements now.
Didn't you hear- it's only a military exercise

Remember Sen John McCain along with other state officials coming to Ukraine during the protests wasn't a such a noble idea

Like victoria nuland along with several other US state senators not just McCain.

Soviet Union was a rebranding of the Russian Empire. Before the Russian Empire was medieval times when the ethnic distinction of Ukrainians and Russians hadn't developed yet. The concept of Russia formed around the core of Kiev and Novgorod.

Not endorsing any other point that guy might have been making, just saying the idea that Ukraine used to be part of Russia(land of the Rus) is factually correct.

Saying that Kievan Rus was Russia is as valid as saying Russia was Belarus, or that Russia was Ukraine. And it was eradicated by the Mongols. The point is that Putin isnt genuinely attempting some reunification of cultural ancestry (despite his claims), but rather an expansion of power. I dont think that guy was talking the ancient History of Ukraine, he was talking about the Soviet Union, where under Stalin Nation States were forbidden to exit.

yeah, but that was before nato expansion east
How did they "expand" to the east? Which countries all the sudden joined after 2014? And before you answer that question just remember I served 3 tours under Operation Atlantic Resolve.
that they said won't happen after fall of soviet union
Pretty sure something happened to negate that deal.
and ukraine democratically elected president being removed in a western backed coup.
I didn't study up much of this since I was in Afghanistan with it happened. But then again, I didn't talk to any American soldiers that were rioting over there in Ukraine when that coup happened. Pretty sure we didn't have any boots on ground during that.
puppet comedian was also talking about joining nato and putting nukes on border with russia
Again... pretty sure some things that happened to make him say that.

Saying that Kievan Rus was Russia is as valid as saying Russia was Belarus, or that Russia was Ukraine. And it was eradicated by the Mongols. The point is that Putin isnt genuinely attempting some reunification of cultural ancestry (despite his claims), but rather an expansion of power. I dont think that guy was talking the ancient History of Ukraine, he was talking about the Soviet Union, where under Stalin Nation States were forbidden to exit.
I agree there is an element of machiavelianism in his motive. When he talks about the reuniting brothers thing I think he just means Donbass. For other parts of Ukraine he is just inflicting a punishment.

Putin would likely have many Americans fighting for him.
Who?? you??
The chuds who rather be Russian than Democrats would jump at the opportunity.
Speak for yourself. If Putin gets offed tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eye. Russia may win this war but it'll come back to bite them in the ass in the future. And I'll be sitting back laughing.

If Russia wants to end the world because they lost a foreign war, then they were going to eventually nuke the world.

The US had

-Stalemate in Korea
-Lost Vietnam
-Lost Afghanistan
-Lost Iraq

Still they didn't nuked the world over because of it.

And Vietnam had massive Soviet support to a degree that Ukraine has not had from the West.

Fucking sherdog, while writing it refreshed and my post was gone, hence I’m gonna keep it short

None of the countries the US faced bordered them. And none of them were viewed as an existential threat. That’s not the case with Ukraine. That Russia views them this way is also not news, see Brzezinski, Mearsheimer and Cohen et. al.

As to your last point, maybe. However, we don’t really know the extent of support that was given to Ukraine. Will probably find out in the next years / decades.

Back