Big Biceps/UpperBody for the most part = More Power compared to Big legs/lower body fighters

Serenity Now

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know people don't want to admit that bicep/lats/trap/chest/back size matters way more in fighting compared to legs.

I know the cool thing to say is "The power comes from the ass/legs, they hit harder!!!" LMFAO...Lets look at the best punchers in history.

07tyson1.jpg

boxer-mike-tyson-of-usa-weighingin-at-221-pounds-in-glasgow-23-june-picture-id119882575

Mike%2BTyson%2Bbicep%2Bsize.jpg

People will claim that tyson got most of his power from his massive legs...I disagree....Tyson had p4p one of the best upperbodies in boxing ever, best biceps as well....Nobody came close to his power.

I seen plenty of boxers with great lower legs like tyson.....None of them hit close as hard as tyson

089EEZB.jpg

Paulo-Costa-Uriah-Hall-696x399.png

Costa is another example...Just look at how big/shredded he is on his upper body...Now look at his legs...Sure his legs aren't small but they aren't great either....Costa knows that a huge upperbody = Power

8d16161a9bf252a77a24f2761e74a36f--kettle-bells-fitness-humor.jpg

Fedor is another one....Didn't give a damn about lowerbody...Sure he was a fatty but most of that fat was on his upperbody which gave em power.

960x0.jpg

20140314033236_5D3_4855.JPG

Robbie.....Leg day not even once....Great upperbody/biceps...Good V Taper.

Hendo proved Calfs don't matter at all in MMA

UFC161-RashadEvansXDanHenderson-Rd1-slomo-400-sg.gif

Huge upperback/body compared to legs....No Calf Master Race.

2014Mar10090742_185975680.jpg

Wilder3.jpeg

Wilder, one of the heaviest hitters of all time has no calfs and very small legs....His body tho, is 100% HW/LHW.......No calf master race strikes again...legs dont matter much when it comes to punching power.
(Thanks to the sherbros in this thread who reminded me of deantay wilder)

inb4 people post pics of fighters who have massive legs but also had a massive upperbody but claim their power comes from the legs lol.

Now I know we live in the age of Squats/Deadlifts are the best, and massive legs are amazing.....but reality is, upperbody matters way much more, no matter how many facebook memes say otherwise and talk about leg day and shit.

Last edited:
Punching power comes from a combo of good mechanics and more fast twitch muscle fiber than slow twitch muscle fiber

And those good mechanics have a lot to do with the hips

Thats well known bro science.

Squats are dumb and pointless.

Just do bench press and curls every day.

You wont get better at mma but you could easily beat the piss out of any jiu jitsu pussy in the street bro.

Jk

I think stuff we don't necessarily know/can tell plays a factor too like bone composition

also, back muscles has never been debated by anybody imo

but I see ur point regarding legs

Tyson's legs are huge compared to his upper body, what are you talking lol

Costa's legs are proportional

At any rate, punching power is much more complicated than just the amount of muscle you have. Bodybuilders don't have as much explosion as Olympic weighlifters despite having much more muscle

Costa looks like male Chun li wtf are you talking about.

Thats well known bro science.

Squats are dumb and pointless.

Just do bench press and curls every day.

You wont get better at mma but you could easily beat the piss out of any jiu jitsu pussy in the street bro.

Jk

Works for the natty king, has confirmed KO power.

Tyson's legs are huge compared to his upper body, what are you talking lol

Costa's legs are proportional

At any rate, punching power is much more complicated than just the amount of muscle you have. Bodybuilers don't have as much explosion as Olympic weighlifters despite having much more muscle
Mike Tyson upperbody was fucking huge as well.....His upperbody/his biceps, nobody in HW got close....Plenty of HW fighters have had huge legs like tyson, none of them had his upperbody, and guess what? none of them had the power Tyson had.

Fact is most of tyson power came from his amazing upperbody.

Tyson’s power generated from his lower body. He had massive legs. And he wasn’t a strength training guy. Just genetically gifted.

There is some truth to this. You see guys with the frame fit for a heavier weightclass be able to fight in a lower one by keeping weight off their legs, and they do seem to be able to overpower their adversaries who have a more natural and balanced structure for said weight class. Tito and Jones come to mind

Mike Tyson upperbody was fucking huge as well.....His upperbody/his biceps, nobody in HW got close....Plenty of HW fighters have had huge legs like tyson, none of them had his upperbody, and guess what? none of them had the power Tyson had.

Fact is most of tyson power came from his amazing upperbody.
I don't think you know what the word "fact" means.

Dan Henderson had punching power, and he is skinny all around. This thread is beyond stupid

Cant believe TS can be so stupid it amazes me
Like it's fun to come up with theories, but making a thread based upon such an incredibly small and cherry-picked sample is hilarious. Orrr I just took the bait smh maybe I'm the clown lol

All those guys have huge legs <45>

Back