Big Foot Silva to fight against Rico Verhoeven at Glory 46

Wtf?!<DisgustingHHH>
And mind you, I don't even know who Verhoeven is.
He is the top HW kickboxer right now and has been for a couple of years.

Rico is not a KO artist but I am goddamn sure BF is getting knocked out.

Damn. Bigfoot might actually die, brutal.

Rico is a straight up beast.

Its a kickboxing fight as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, I know. Just saying that when kickboxers trying MMA these days, they are fighting lesser opponents. Rico was fighting some guy Viktor Bogutzki (0-2) in his first MMA fight.

This will not end well for him.

It's a shame, really. Bigfoot was once upon a time one of the very best big men ever to compete in MMA.

I don't think so. At his very best (from the time he beat Fedor to the time he beat Overeem), he was absolutely destroyed by Cormier and Cain (twice). Werdum also beat him, and I believe JDS and probably Barnett would have. So that puts him a little outside the Top 5 at his peak.

Rico really going for the top kickboxers..no wonder Saki got sick of chasing him and signed with the ufc.
Said exactly what I was thinking and some people actually consider Rico to be one of the greats. Pretty sad.

Please retire Bigfoot, he has been knocked out so many times. very worrying.

going on that Gary Goldridge route

please stay safe Big Foot

Yeah I'd much preffer to see him say working some larger Brazilian shows or maybe Japan vs lesser comp. If you wanted to be positive I spose you could say that his chin means he isn't taking prolonged beatdowns, I think that's a lot of what messed up Goodridge as he was being paid for his ability to sustain verticality alone during that late K-1 run.

Gary Goodridge thinks this is a very bad idea.

Who thought of this shit? What kind of people is he surrounding himself with that would allow him to do this? Rico is one of, if not the best HW kickboxer out there right now. Bigfoot is a decent striker but he's chinny as hell.

This is fuckin retarded. I'm disappointed that Glory would make a fight like this, but I guess that's the business.

He's going to get himself killed. His standup was never that great and his chin is 99% glass. Bad move.

The UFC's 165 pounds limit for HWs almost destroyed Big Foot, but I think he will win this fight

images

Back