Biggest current "star", any promotion?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who would you say holds that distinction? Fanfare, PPV buys, asses in seats, etc. Even after he loses on Sunday night, it's still going to be Brock Lesnar after this current run, and 20-ish years in the business. His presence is still larger than life(basically "modern Andre" lately.)

Roman still needs(after seemingly "retiring" the Undertaker years ago), Paul Heyman, defeating Lesnar this year, and then "projected" The Rock next year to hopefully get over?

If that really happens, they have been forcing Reigns down viewers throats for almost 10 years now, and if they are still relying on Heyman, Undertaker,Lesnar, The Rock and even nostalgia for The Shield? He isn't that good. I admit he has grown alot through the years..but he'll only become a "legend " by force rather than judged by talent, memorable moments.

Left to their own devices even years down the road I would rank The Shield Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns.

It's not Kenny Omega?
meltzer-tongue-meltzer.gif

Its Brock then Roman as for active guys. I dont see how it's up for much debate.

I prefer AEW/NJPW...

But come on. It's Brock and Roman. Not Kenny, Suzuki...or Jericho

I guess it’s an indictment against the wrestling business that we can’t even debate this. I agree with uberknee. I prefer AEW but I must admit it’s Brock then Roman. I love what Bryan Danielson has done since arriving in AEW. Great matches. Great chase for the title. Great heel work but there’s just something missing to put him into that mega star level right now. The issue is not him. The issue is he hasn’t had the right moment that transcends wrestling yet. He had that with the yes movement. Not sure what it’ll take but I hope it happens.

Back