Biggest future PPV's without Conor....

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Assuming Conor doesn't return,

What are the biggest PPV fights that can be made currently, with the current crop of stars? Not your favorites, but the biggest net of mass appeal.

Obviously we have 300 coming up....

Jones/Stipe, Jones/Aspinall, and Izzy/DDP are the standouts at the moment. Maybe Sugar/Topuria?

Unless the name is Rousey, McGregor, Khabib or Lesnar no UFC PPV is going to break 1m anytime soon

I feel like it will take a while for stars to be established to the point where big PPVs north of 1 million happen again. Sean O'Malley seems to have gotten a following as does Topuria -- if both of them keep winning and fight each other, I can see big numbers.

Jones v Gane did close to a mil. Jones v Stipe probably cracks it.

Muhammad vs Edwards II
Ankalaev vs Hill
Pennington vs anybody
Weidman vs Strickland

Really any Jones fight at HW. Everyone I know will watch in hopes of Jones getting his shit pushed in.

O'Malley isn't the draw he thinks he is. He sells maybe 500k if he's lucky.

Izzy has lost aura, volk has lost aura, topuria is not very well known at all.

Bottom line is they don't have any actual stars that sell ppvs at a high level.

Jon Jones is the only superstar UFC has right now. And if Poatan wins against Hill maybe he becomes the one.

Jon Jones is the only superstar UFC has right now. And if Poatan wins against Hill maybe he becomes the one.
Beating hill isn't furthering anyone's star power.

Hill is basically non existent in the minds of most MMA fans.

Beating hill isn't furthering anyone's star power.

Hill is basically non existent in the minds of most MMA fans.
Goatan already has army of k1/mma fans so he is pretty much popular atm he needs atleast few more wins to become the one

They don't release the numbers of PPV buys because it would blow our minds. Every PPV is over a million im sure UFC is surging but its not quite up to power slap levels yet

I can't see any PPV breaking a million without Conor right now.

Back