Rewatch biggest mismatch in MMA History

leben / thacker was much bigger

Dude had no experience and basically just boxed solo in his garage before tuf.

James toney was a world champion.
He was a world champ at 190lbs and lower... His best was arguably lighter, as a SMW

For real though probably the biggest mismatch in modern UFC history is Chad Mendes vs Cody McKenzie. Absolutely ludicrous matchmaking.

All the people in this thread looking for actual MMA matches between two skilled fighters when in reality, the real biggest mismatch is probably some fight in Japan back in the early 2000's

t0Xf6V.gif

Hate to give POS Fulton (rest in piss) any air time but this was an embarrassingly lopsided and a pretty legendary slam KO.

Maldonado-Stipe (or Glover for that matter). Absolute mismatches/horrific beatings

OOOOHHHHH honourable mention Cain Vs Cigano 2
I dont ever remember screaming stop the fight so many times while watching a ufc event. Not sure it qualifies as a mismatch but cain beat the absolute dog shit out of junior that fight. Horrifying

Jeremy Horn vs Daiju Takase at UFC 21

Back when the UFC MW division was 170-199. Horn used to cut weight to make 199. Takase didn't even make 170.

Attachments

• horn_takase.jpg
    horn_takase.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2
If Rumble Johnson was able to make 170, Fedor could've made it!
Rumble was average at 170 because he was cutting way too much weight, and didn't make weight consistently tbh.

Im not sure why a lot of people talk about Fedor cutting to a smaller weight class when he's the heavyweight GOAT.
I mean what more does he need to accomplish?

Rumble was average at 170 because he was cutting way too much weight, and didn't make weight consistently tbh.

Im not sure why a lot of people talk about Fedor cutting to a smaller weight class when he's the heavyweight GOAT.
I mean what more does he need to accomplish?
I was just joking, lol. Come chat it up with the One Friday Night Fights :D

it always amazes me that cody mckenzie is (was?) a pro fighter, that he has a winning record, that he made it to the ufc, and that he managed to win 3 fights there. he’s so awkward and unathletic, and that version of chad was probably the best fw never to become champ. still, in all fairness, cody proved to be remarkably dangerous with his guillotine, so perhaps the matchmakers thought he had a chance.
One of the weirdest mma careers ever.

Sorry bud, but I'm going to have to give you a

<redcard>

Jk, enjoy the yard work haha

Id rather be hanging with y'all too, but real life takes work...that and my wife will beat me if I don't get this stuff done lol.

Back