Biggest stat-padder of all-time?

Cruz.

Longest reigning BW champ, twice as long as Barao (who had more defences).

His only real finish against a guy with a wiki page wasn't until after he lost the title.

It took him 13 fights to jump into the fire, and even then, there's still a ton of grey names afterwards, that Fernando Gonzalez dude is an absolute scrub that he struggled with, and he got exposed by Storley. He would have literally no chance against Amosov barring a flash KO[/QUOTE]

Yup. While others have padding... I mean. Wand, Fedor, CC and a fair few other Pride fighters did.. Most also had a fair few legit fights in there. The Japanese like to see the good guys win. And the little guys overcome the odds etc. But they all still fought actually competitive fights.

MVP has lost to two of the four legit fights he has had. Most padded record of a still active fighter at the top level imo.

Before him I think it was proven that Ben Askren wasn't quite the fighter his record suggested

It does seem like FLW is so much better now doesn't it?

Nah its just branding and promotion. Shit that MM didn't get when he was champion.

Moreno is very likable so I'll give him that but there is no reason MM shouldn't have been just as popular.

Khabib of course

Couldn't even pad his stats

21_03_22_e730274579c95b9193479b21988c110d_690.jpg

Khabib does have a padded record to some degree. look at his pre UFC career:

Pre-UFC:
1) Vusal Bayramov: 0-0 when he fought Khabib (2-5 lifetime)
2) Magomed Magomedov: 0-4 when he fought Khabib (3-8 lifetime)
3) Ramazan Kurbanismailov: 1-0 when he fought Khabib (12-5-2 lifetime)
4) Shamil Abdulkerimov: 2-0 when he fought Khabib (4-3 lifetime)
5) Said Akhmed: 0-0 when he fought Khabib (0-1 lifetime)
6) Eldar Eldarov: 1-0 when he fought Khabib (13-1 lifetime)
7) Shahbulat Shamhalaev: 2-0 when he fought Khabib (11-3-1 lifetime)*
8) Ali Bagov: 2-1 when he fought Khabib (32-10-1)
9) Vitaliy Ostrovsky: 5-3 when he fought Khabib (9-11 lifetime)
10) Alexander Agafonov: 4-1when he fought Khabib (5-3 lifetime)
11) Said Khalilov: 13-10 when he fought Khabib (13-13 lifetime)
12) Ashot Shahinyan: 0-2 when he fought Khabib (2-5 lifetime)
13) Kadzhik Abadzhyan: 1-1 when we fought Khabib (3-6 lifetime)
14) Hamiz Mamedov: 4-3 when he fought Khabib (8-4 lifetime)
15) Vadim Sandulskiy: 0-0 when he fought Khabib (8-5 lifetime)
16) Arymarcel Santos: 28-22 when he fought Khabib (42-39 lifetime)
*made it to a major promotion for at least one fight

He fought 13 more times in the UFC and a lot of those fights were over journeymen, gatekeepers, and guys just good enough to make the big leagues but not good enough to stick around.

Out of 29 fights his only notable wins are Conor, RDA, Poirier, and Gaethje (no disrespect to Johnson, Barboza, and Tibau).

I guess you could make a case for Khabib from that standpoint - even though I disagree.

But the rest names you listed?
They all fought legit competition since pretty early in their career and consistently did for many years.
Even if you wanted to make a case for them, it would not be in common with Khabib's.

It was just so random and incoherent list that I genuinely though it was trolling

I guess you could make a case for Khabib from that standpoint - even though I disagree.

But the rest names you listed?
They all fought legit competition since pretty early in their career and consistently did for many years.
Even if you wanted to make a case for them, it would not be in common with Khabib's.

It was just so random and incoherent list that I genuinely though it was trolling

I mean I did not make the original list lol... I think he put shogun and some other guys on it.

I do think Khabib had a little bit of padding but not as bad as some other people. I am certainly not saying hes the biggest padder ever and the wins he had over solid fighters were utter domination. Hard to say he isn't worthy of his praise.

Back