Bill Burr | Club Random with Bill Maher

I liked Maher during the Bush years. Since then he’s become an ever increasing out of touch wiener.

Burr squashing him on the Israel support was pretty great. “Why am I listening to you?”

Last edited:
I feel like I come away from almost all Bill Burr interviews feeling this way. He’s a ball buster tho, so it’s always gonna seem that way.
I can really only think of the Sarah Silverman one, where he was noticeably irritated like he is with Maher. He's definitely got a bit of an edge to him, where he'll sometimes rib on someone, but it's different with Maher, than say Jimmy Kimmel. There's no sting behind most of his shots. With Maher, he goes for the jugular at every opportunity.

It's not the first time either. They hardly ever interact with each other, but when they do, it's always Burr shutting down his "smarty pants" gimmick with very real disdain in his voice. There's a clip from another show they were on together, and Burr gives his opinion on something that Maher disagreed with, and Maher comes back with some snobby vague response about how Burr should "educate" himself more on the topic, and Burr comes back with something like "Oh' really? What books should I read, coach?"

I don't usually buy into these Hollywood beefs, but you can just feel the tension when they're yacking at each. Burr is visibly annoyed and volatile and takes everything as a slight, and Maher is visibly flustered trying to nervously laugh his way through the abuse.

Norm MacDonald ripped on him all the time too. He had this one joke that I'm about to butcher that was so perfect. Something like, "Good news! Every Friday night, there a show that's on where Bill Maher will be giving away the answers to everyone's problems for free!"

He seems to have quite the reputation. Like, it's not an act. He really is that insufferably smug.
'disdain' is exactly the word I was trying to think of.

God is it even possible for Maher to become any more of a pretentious insufferable douchebag?

"The college kids are with Hamas, they're with the terrorists!"
"Uh, I think they're just for the Palestinians Bill"
"Well that's basically the same thing"
My god the fucking racism and the propaganda.

Bill "I made religulous because I hate religion so much except when it comes to theocratic ethnostates based on the Bible like Israel" Maher.

"The college crowd loves me. They're very intellectual"

The epitome of a smug elitist douche.

Love how much everyone hates Maher, and he doesn't give a fuck what any of you think. Such a Chad.
yeah he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks, that's why he has a weekly tv show consisting of him bitching about what other people think.

That's also why he gets so bent out of shape and butthurt when Burr ruthlessly mocks him <lmao>

Everyone on Reddit hates him too.

Edit: just watched about 3 minutes. Maher is actually insufferable

He turned hard on his actual audience.

At his core he is a weed smoking atheist libertarian who thinks the aformentioned 2 traits make him enlightened. He is the celebrity emodiment of the internet in 2017. He is the poster child for how evil hippies become once they get money.

This podcast is hilarious these 2 should have a regular show.

Burr is a great foil to mahers smugness. I don't think they dislike each other and I think they are having fun too just that they are super different as people and burr can't resist fuckin with him.

Well, it doesn't seem like he did during that podcast. That whole thing was Burr just calling him out for being a pompous twat with insecurity issues. Loved the quip he said about Maher being annoyed with blue collar folks, because he believes they're the same people who used to hang him from the flagpole by his underwear in gym class. Or the other part where Maher was condescendingly asking him a question and Burr just cuts him off and goes "Why don't you just tell me the answer, instead of asking the question?"

A lot of these podcasts with Maher, have proven him to be absolutely useless without a team of writers, an audience of clapping seals, and a round table format where he can control and steer the conversation. When people push back on him in this format, he gets stumped and flustered, and sounds like a college kid just repeating canned talking points.
Agreed. And I added that part because many really enjoy Bill's way of dealing with people like this. But really a way of saying he clearly never needs to acknowledge maher's bullshit victm angles when he know he'll be destroyed by his own words. I never bullied anyone, but in my life I saw cunts like him get away with his type of antics. Bullies never messed with people like him because adults protected and enabled them. I was in gt classes with kids like this. They were cunts even at the age of 5. The "normal" kids were poor, didn't speak English or like me grew up on the base. So blue collar in some ways? We tried to ignore them but they had all kinds of tactics to be cunty that they continued into their teens, which was my last encounters with them. Good on Bill for holding his ground and making some valid points. Also, as you said, when he's not around his people he's not much intellectually in my opinion. Good post sherbro. CreamyKindheartedIguana-size_restricted.gif

Well, it doesn't seem like he did during that podcast. That whole thing was Burr just calling him out for being a pompous twat with insecurity issues. Loved the quip he said about Maher being annoyed with blue collar folks, because he believes they're the same people who used to hang him from the flagpole by his underwear in gym class. Or the other part where Maher was condescendingly asking him a question and Burr just cuts him off and goes "Why don't you just tell me the answer, instead of asking the question?"

A lot of these podcasts with Maher, have proven him to be absolutely useless without a team of writers, an audience of clapping seals, and a round table format where he can control and steer the conversation. When people push back on him in this format, he gets stumped and flustered, and sounds like a college kid just repeating canned talking points.
I didn't mention how Maher always asks people questions just to not let them answer. I really hate that shit to the point where I tell people wtf did you ask me for if you didn't actually want my answer. Thanks for including that in your post. I also like when Bill threatened to walk off. That would've been great.skoden.jpg

I always thought Bill Maher was at his best when he was being interviewed by Larry King.

I can really only think of the Sarah Silverman one, where he was noticeably irritated like he is with Maher. He's definitely got a bit of an edge to him, where he'll sometimes rib on someone, but it's different with Maher, than say Jimmy Kimmel. There's no sting behind most of his shots. With Maher, he goes for the jugular at every opportunity.
I also enjoy when he's on sports shows. He was on the cow herd show years ago. It's like an 11 minute clip.

Odd Couple remake.

Somebody make it happen.

His one with Kid Rock qas pretty good so was Gutfeld

God is it even possible for Maher to become any more of a pretentious insufferable douchebag?

"The college kids are with Hamas, they're with the terrorists!"
"Uh, I think they're just for the Palestinians Bill"

There’s tons of footage out there of them wearing ‘Hamas’ headgear and waiving Hamas flags not to mention all the other shit.. so Maher isn’t completely wrong with that take.

I started it the other day but will finish it on the way to my buddies in a few minutes.

Never been a huge fan of Maher but it’s hard not to agree with some of the things he has said about the Left. I considered myself pretty left leaning most of my life but it’s hard not to be disturbed by some of the nonsense I’ve seen going on especially with the Alphabet crowd.

Bill Burr just tells it like it is. Doesn’t give a damn who he’s talking to. Been a favorite of mine since the Philadelphia comedy show incident in the 2000s. Made his bones that day

Back