Bill Burr | Club Random with Bill Maher

Maher's like that guy who cornered you at a party, and you're just praying for an asteroid to hit Earth so you have an excuse to leave.

He is bout as exciting as watching beige paint dry on a beige wall in a beige room while listening to elevator music.

The man's got all the charm of a soggy cracker.

If I wanted to hear someone drone on about politics, I'd just listen to my uncle at Thanksgiving dinner.

At least he brings pie.

didn't watch this. was maher as insufferable as he was on the PBD episode?

It was a good episode. Bill shut Maher down almost at every turn, but not in a nasty way. Always liked Maher for some reason, even if I disagree with him all the time, but Club Random is generally a shit podcast.
Burr doesnt usually talk politics and shut rogan down on the vaccines. Burr is just not into it and you wont get him there. Figured it would be interesting. Started it but havent watched it through

Burr doesnt usually talk politics and shut rogan down on the vaccines. Burr is just not into it and you wont get him there. Figured it would be interesting. Started it but havent watched it through
Exactly. He is also just a damn curmudgeon in general. Every interview is basically the same. Great, mind you, but you know what to expect. Balls will be broken.

Last edited:
Exactly. He is also just a damn curmudgeon in general. Every interview is basically the same. Great, mind you, but you know what to expect. Balls will be broken.
Doesnt any interviewers watch these? Maher should have known better than to press on politics. You are right...

Is Maher still getting mad at his audience for not laughing at his unfunny jokes? I haven't watched his show in years.

I've seen bits of episodes, he interrupts guests a bit too much, but it's an ok format.

Interviewers should take a crash course by watching old Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder interviews. I mean you can spice things up with humor (like Conan), you don't want to be too dry, especially if the guests need help or just aren't great to talk to, but you have to be willing to listen. I think Craig Ferguson was probably the best modern host at this, was funny but let the guests shine. especially him just giving them something to interact with.

Not really a fan of Maher but I did like the old Politically Incorrect on Comedy Central before it went over to ABC and became too much about wanting audience applause because they agree with you on something (Real Time got even worse in this respect). The best ABC episode was when Roddy Piper nearly made Maher piss himself. Maher seems to hate a lot of modern left culture while not willing to let it go, it's kind of weird. You don't have to go rightie or whatnot when you abandon what your general party/side has become, just do your own thing. It seems like he flirts with doing what Russell Brand seems to have done and sort of politically be his own person by and large (maybe some mix of libertarian, classical liberal, and Bill Clinton era and/or Kennedy era Democrat), but doesn't want to fully go there. Maybe because a lot of those people that are still left leaning but don't like what the modern left has become get treated as traitors and shit on.

I hate Maher passionately for numerous reasons. Now he seems like he is always drunk and stoned and just an old irrelevant man now on top of that.

Burr can be funny but is annoying as well on certain subjects.

He served Maher a few times and I got the impression he concluded Maher was just a fuckstick about an hour in and he didn't like him from that point.

I watched the whole interview, the juice was not worth the squeeze in my opinion. Plus Burr carried the whole thing.

I saw some of this and thought it was hilarious. Bill Birr just shits all over him. It’s great.

There may have been a time when Bill Maher was somewhat in touch with reality. That time is long gone.

I didn't watch it but I saw someone upload a 4 min video of burr shitting on Maher. I thought it was just going to be some 4 min section of the interview. It was literally 4 mins of all the times Burr was shitting on him. Just one after the other. I had to turn it off even I was feeling uncomfortable.

There’s tons of footage out there of them wearing ‘Hamas’ headgear and waiving Hamas flags not to mention all the other shit.. so Maher isn’t completely wrong with that take.
No he's wrong, the vast majority of the protestors are not waving Hamas flags. It's disingenuous to paint them all as Hamas supporters, especially considering all the Jewish protesters who are also taking part.

No he's wrong, the vast majority of the protestors are not waving Hamas flags. It's disingenuous to paint them all as Hamas supporters, especially considering all the Jewish protesters who are also taking part.

I said he wasn’t completely wrong. It’s disingenuous to act like there isn’t a portion of that population that doesn’t consider Hamas a terrorist group, and thinks the Jewish people in that region need to be removed ‘from the river to the sea..’

Back