Bill Cosby sentenced - 3-10 years in state prison

Because the alternative is drugging her with ludes?

Look dude, you think Cosby is guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt. Me too (to a lesser extent). That doesn't mean I have to ignore the proof (or lack thereof) that we used to get there. It's called integrity.
Circumstantial evidence is still evidence. There was a ton of witness testimony that was corroborated. What you’re trying to say is there was a lack of physical evidence. I agree, how could there be any after all these years?

I agree. What a joke. He did this to so many women and this is all he gets in prison? Unbelievable to me really.

Remember prior to the sentencing, all the news articles stated that the Judge takes into account HIS AGE, HIS HEALTH, and his social status in determining the sentence.

Frankly, I'm surprised he chose to give him 3-10 instead of permanent house-arrest.

And besides, 3 years? With his fading health, he won't make past one in there.

Because the alternative is drugging her with ludes?

Look dude, you think Cosby is guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt. Me too (to a lesser extent). That doesn't mean I have to ignore the proof (or lack thereof) that we used to get there. It's called integrity.

How can you give consent under the influence of drugs you did not even ask for?

So, just curious, what evidence did Cosby have against him that Kavanaugh doesn't?

Since we're locking cats up and all that.

Strange. A lot of the same people that are wanting to see Cosby be locked up for life think that Kavanaugh is completely innocent because charges are so old. I wonder what the difference between the two is?

<puh-lease75>

I’m surprised it took till almost the end of the first page

Remember prior to the sentencing, all the news articles stated that the Judge takes into account HIS AGE, HIS HEALTH, and his social status in determining the sentence.

Frankly, I'm surprised he chose to give him 3-10 instead of permanent house-arrest.

And besides, 3 years? With his fading health, he won't make past one in there.

A guy that did what he did to as many women as he did needs life in prison IMO.

I agree. What a joke. He did this to so many women and this is all he gets in prison? Unbelievable to me really.
A guy that did what he did to as many women as he did needs life in prison IMO.
He was only convicted of one. It's still a light sentence IMO, but he wasn't sentenced for raping many women.

He was only convicted of one. It's still a light sentence IMO, but he wasn't sentenced for raping many women.

Right OK. That makes more sense to me. Its a hot issue for me because I feel like there is some twisted thinking in how lightly we sentence rapists.

Nothing confusing about it.

Without that deposition being admitted as EVIDENCE (something that was sorely lacking prior to that point), Cosby could've skated.

that doesn't change the fact that he had been protected and beloved for close to 40 decades. If anyone had told me 5 years ago that Bill Cosby was a molester I would have laughed at them.

Regardless of whether the deposition is what got him guilty or throw in jail he had support and plenty of it for a long time. It's not surprising to see support for people that are guilty (loved ones, friends, co-workers, etc...). The more famous or important they are the more support they have even they are guilty as shit.

In relation to Kavanaugh... sure he had 60+ women stating their support. Great!.. Doesn't mean he didn't abuse those women. That's all...

How can this and the other post I quoted come from the same person? You aren’t an idiot, but man that other post was trash. You’re definitely spot on about a lot of people only knowing him as a perfect father figure so it was nearly impossible to not give him the benefit of the doubt on everything. You know what’s really crazy is we’ll never actually know how many women were victimized either. All around massive shit show this turned out to be.

I was being sarcastic with the other post... :p

There can be accusations for days on anyone, but I'm not sending someone to prison or finding them guilty without proof.

How do you know he did this to that many women? Just because they said so?

He was convicted by a court of law on the one charge so I take that to the bank. And while I think the metoo movement has lost its fucking mind I absolutely do believe the 50 plus women that have come forward about Cosby yes.

He was convicted by a court of law on the one charge so I take that to the bank. And while I think the metoo movement has lost its fucking mind I absolutely do believe the 50 plus women that have come forward about Cosby yes.
For the record, I think he is guilty as shit, but we still can't convict people without evidence or proof. I think the fact that he admitted to lesser charges hurt him. But even if he is a rapist douche, we cant convict him on accusations alone.

Should have sentenced him to a longer jail term if anything. fuck him.

How can you give consent under the influence of drugs you did not even ask for?

I'm glad by your continued tangents that you've acknowledged my point as valid and unanswerable by yourself.

No need to say more tbh.

I'm glad by your continued tangents that you've acknowledged my point as valid and unanswerable by yourself.

No need to say more tbh.

Not really..

He admitted to drugging Constand. He admitted to having sexual intercourse, in detail, with Constand. She claims she's a lesbian and it was not consensual. She reported the crime within a year of it taking place and he quickly settled.

Constand's credibility was the determining factor. The jury deemed Constand credible based on her testimony. I accept the jury's decision, you don't.

for all we know this IS a life sentence, I mean not like he's 35

Back