Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Moving forward and only occasionally throwing spinning shit

Knocked out Wonderboy and almost knocked out Tony Ferguson

o7kitg.jpg
While saying Pettis

Pettis is getting a second wind in his MMA career.

It's Showtime!!!

o7kitg-jpg.557093
zzxzxzzxzx.png

If people came new to sherdog recently they’d think Pettis and Jorge Masvidal were top 3 welterweights Given how much hype they’ve gotten from their recent upset wins

They are two struggling LW-WWs, in fact, Masvidal is a journeyman

If people came new to sherdog recently they’d think Pettis and Jorge Masvidal were top 3 welterweights Given how much hype they’ve gotten from their recent upset wins

they had amazing KOs over two top WWs who just fought for the belt

Journeyman that Will beat Askren, just wait and see

typical Sherdog

KO win = best fighter ever

KO loss = always a can

they had amazing KOs over two top WWs who just fought for the belt
I watched Thompson-Pettis in real-time while we’ve all seen Masvidal’s Till KO and 3 piece & soda followup

But that doesn’t change their recent record nor does it warrant title picture talks

It moves them closer yeah but they’re still far away but truth is there is no system anyway but win:loss wise it’s obvious they’ve been underperforming and fall short in the big fights that matter

Masvidal gets a crack at Askren so we can revive this post later and see if I’m wrong of Masvidal ;)

Pettis is also due a big loss, he’s just about 0.500 even, 1 loss for every win

He changed things up and he won spectacularly.

You found clips of the only 8 seconds Pettis actually went forward in that fight. Good find.

you only go by your last fight...pettis just ko'd the #3 or 4 ranked guy in the world...that means he takes over that spot...same with mas...doesn't really matter if you lost before that...your last fight is all that really matters.

Journeyman that Will beat Askren, just wait and see

no he won't...lawler, who hits 5x harder than mas, couldn't stop askren...even with that huge slam on his head and brutal ground and pound, askren still managed to survive...against mas, he'd take him down, and that would be it.

I watched Thompson-Pettis in real-time while we’ve all seen Masvidal’s Till KO and 3 piece & soda followup

But that doesn’t change their recent record nor does it warrant title picture talks

It moves them closer yeah but they’re still far away but truth is there is no system anyway but win:loss wise it’s obvious they’ve been underperforming and fall short in the big fights that matter

Masvidal gets a crack at Askren so we can revive this post later and see if I’m wrong of Masvidal ;)

Pettis is also due a big loss, he’s just about 0.500 even, 1 loss for every win

iu

iu

You found clips of the only 8 seconds Pettis actually went forward in that fight. Good find.
Pettis went forward the entire fight and backed up for about 5 seconds the whole fight, which led to Thompson being KTFO.....

This is like when Black beast got a KO in the last seconds vs some bum which was pure luck. Pettis was getting destroyed and for sure was going to be finished in the later rounds because he took a shit ton of damage in round 1. He got a lucky superman punch, on a guy whose chin is probably the weakest in the division. He really needed to beat Tony to solidify himself as a "second wind" Pettis, not sure if it was the broken hand that affected him or if he was just gassed out from the pace, but when he puts it all together he is lethal, unfortunately he doesnt always put it all together.

Pettis style is really strange, he is a very good striker, yet he gets hit non stop, he has mixed power, sometimes he does damage, other times guys shrug it off. I love watching him because hes exciting, but man, every fight i feel like he should win and he loses, hard to tell if its because of injuries, age, fighting style or what exactly it is thats causing him to have limited success.

Back