Economy Bitcoin is about to make a new all-time high

"as the Bitcoin holds no real value"

What do you mean 'real value'?

"Why not use a store of value that is tangible?"

Why does it have to be tangible? There is talk about a digital dollar and CBDC's in general. If countries move to digital money will you stop using the dollar?
Precious metals have value because they are used in manufacturing various products. Stock ETFs have value because you own a piece of a company that produces things.

Precious metals have value because they are used in manufacturing various products. Stock ETFs have value because you own a piece of a company that produces things.
and a hundred dollar bill? Why can I have a steak dinner with a hundred dollar bill but if I cut out a piece of paper and write 100 in all four corners and draw a picture of Pee Wee Herman in the middle, I can't buy anything with it?

• Haha
Reactions: N13
and a hundred dollar bill? Why can I have a steak dinner with a hundred dollar bill but if I cut out a piece of paper and write 100 in all four corners and draw a picture of Pee Wee Herman in the middle, I can't buy anything with it?
I don't recommend having cash as a store of value. I'd prefer to liquidate a real store of value at time of use (or monthy/bi-monthly) and use that instead. That is essentially what I do, I invest any extra income and have a small checking/savings balance to cover expenses.

The dollar has lost 98% of its value since the Federal Reserve was granted control of the money supply. Inflation is a wealth killer.

"The dollar has lost 98% of its value since the Federal Reserve was greanted control of the money supply."

People are still convinced the dollar is a good store of value despite its history. Store of value is a concept that people don't understand. In 5-6 years time I think the idea will become much clearer. In countries like Venezueala, Egypt, Turkey etc..., they understand. Most hold gold and silver and many have bitcoin as well.

The dollar has lost 98% of its value since the Federal Reserve was granted control of the money supply. Inflation is a wealth killer.

It's a good thing that wages are 4x higher than they were in 1900 then, huh. The growth of the economy has exponentially increased in comparison to inflation during that period.

The value of individual dollars isn't really a problem during your life as long as you're paid enough of them to compensate for accumulated inflation and you actually use them.

I don't think anyone would advise you to take 10k and put it under your mattress for 90 years, and no one does that. They earn money and spend it, immediately accessing the current value.

(This is also assuming we didn't deal with inflation prior to the federal reserve being established, which obviously is not true.)

Last edited:
I don't recommend having cash as a store of value. I'd prefer to liquidate a real store of value at time of use (or monthy/bi-monthly) and use that instead. That is essentially what I do, I invest any extra income and have a small checking/savings balance to cover expenses.
So I do something similar. I have various investments but I consider physical gold and silver and bitcoin my 'stores of value'. I don't touch those and just let them accumulate. I have stocks and other investments in precious metals also but I spend money from cash flow (dollars...medium of exchange). I think the dollar is a horrible store of value so I don't save cash. If the dollar wasn't forced on me by fiat (legal tender laws etc..), Iwouldn't use it as a medium of exchange. I think silver and gold are better since they are also a good store of value. I believe in economic freedom so there should be competition for currency.

Last edited:
What you guys think about BAT, the token of the Brave Browser.

Can it pump ? It's pretty low right now between 0.3 and 0.4 and has a ATH at 1.9

I want to take a quick jab at it but seeing the reddit of the community they seem quite bitter and seems like the project isn't as hyped as 2021.

Anyone has insight?

No one has more insight than me on this one ?

No one has more insight than me on this one ?
Never heard of that one. There's over 20k cryptos in existence.

Wait:
Oh, basic attention coin. The chart looks good. it's an established coin.

Altcoins are risky but in the bull cycle, they can do magical things.

I like this AI alt called Render.

Never heard of that one. There's over 20k cryptos in existence.

Wait:
Oh, basic attention coin. The chart looks good. it's an established coin.

Altcoins are risky but in the bull cycle, they can do magical things.

I like this AI alt called Render.

Yes it's the token of the brave browser. Tbh i started using it in 2021 because of that and I never went back, even if I don't hold BAT.

It's way better than Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

So it has a real use case and real world application. I'm shocked it's not higher to be honest.

Don't know much about Render and I'm honestly too crypto tired to DYOR. I was one of the people getting rekt with LUNA (to a certain degree only it wasn't my first nor event fourth most important coin but still it did hurt) so I'm playing it safe now.

What you guys think about BAT, the token of the Brave Browser.

Can it pump ? It's pretty low right now between 0.3 and 0.4 and has a ATH at 1.9

I want to take a quick jab at it but seeing the reddit of the community they seem quite bitter and seems like the project isn't as hyped as 2021.

Anyone has insight?

There were a few regulars in the Mayberry thread that were taking advantage of the Brave browser to earn BAT.

Not sure if they still frequent the thread.

It is an established crypto and saw some nice gains last run, but I don't use the browser and never threw any cash at BAT so that's all I can say.

If Brave is still giving out BAT for using the browser, free crypto is free crypto.

It's a good thing that wages are 4x higher than they were in 1900 then, huh. The growth of the economy has exponentially increased in comparison to inflation during that period.

The value of individual dollars isn't really a problem during your life as long as you're paid enough of them to compensate for accumulated inflation and you actually use them.

I don't think anyone would advise you to take 10k and put it under your mattress for 90 years, and no one does that. They earn money and spend it, immediately accessing the current value.

(This is also assuming we didn't deal with inflation prior to the federal reserve being established, which obviously is not true.)
Wages are just slightly higher than they were in 1920 when adjusting for inflation.

The point is, debasement discourages saving.

If you want to save, you need a store of value.

For that purpose, Bitcoin is the best asset you can utilize.

There were a few regulars in the Mayberry thread that were taking advantage of the Brave browser to earn BAT.

Not sure if they still frequent the thread.

It is an established crypto and saw some nice gains last run, but I don't use the browser and never threw any cash at BAT so that's all I can say.

If Brave is still giving out BAT for using the browser, free crypto is free crypto.

You can really earn much that way. Maybe 10 BATs a years maximum, which is nothing but hey it's free

Wages are just slightly higher than they were in 1920 when adjusting for inflation.

The point is, debasement discourages saving.

If you want to save, you need a store of value.

For that purpose, Bitcoin is the best asset you can utilize.

That isn't true. It's a bit more than slightly.

In 1920 average salary was $3200, adjusted for inflation that's roughly $49-51,000.

Average salary today is over $63,000... more than 20% higher than 1920 even on the higher end of the scale.

But the point still remains, this is only a concern if you plan on holding onto cash for literal decades which almost no one does or is even capable of doing. Wealthy or poor, most people are earning and spending as fast as they get it. The concerns over year to year and especially decade to decade inflation are just not real issues for the overwhelming majority of people.

1920 is also after the switch to central banking, prior to central banking wages and wage growth were even worse and monetary planning nearly non-existent. Nothing was done to counteract inflationary or deflationary periods.

In 1900 the average wage was just $450, which would be just $14,100 today.

Last edited:
That isn't true. It's a bit more than slightly.

In 1920 average salary was $3200, adjusted for inflation that's roughly $49-51,000.

Average salary today is over $63,000... more than 20% higher than 1920 even on the higher end of the scale.

But the point still remains, this is only a concern if you plan on holding onto cash for literal decades which almost no one does or is even capable of doing. Wealthy or poor, most people are earning and spending as fast as they get it. The concerns over year to year and especially decade to decade inflation are just not real issues for the overwhelming majority of people.

1920 is also after the switch to central banking, prior to central banking wages and wage growth were even worse and monetary planning nearly non-existent. Nothing was done to counteract inflationary or deflationary periods.

In 1900 the average wage was just $450, which would be just $14,100 today.
https://www.usatoday.com/money/blue...atistics: Key findings,Q4 of 2023 was $59,384.

Looks like 59k but the fact remains the same.

People earn nearly the same proportionally as they did 100 years ago.

The argument for MMM is that everything in the lifestyle is magnitudes better.

I was previously more in favor of a harder monetary policy, but I’ve seen the light.

However, the fact remains, MMM makes people have a short time horizon outlook on life. I’d argue this is poor for society(live for today).

A harder money makes you plan for tomorrow.

Overall, I’d advise someone take take at least 10% of their investments and put them into Bitcoin.

The 60/40 allocation is dead.

Yes it's the token of the brave browser. Tbh i started using it in 2021 because of that and I never went back, even if I don't hold BAT.

It's way better than Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

So it has a real use case and real world application. I'm shocked it's not higher to be honest.

Don't know much about Render and I'm honestly too crypto tired to DYOR. I was one of the people getting rekt with LUNA (to a certain degree only it wasn't my first nor event fourth most important coin but still it did hurt) so I'm playing it safe now.
Luna got me too.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/business/hr-payroll/average-salary-us/#:~:text=Average salary statistics: Key findings,Q4 of 2023 was $59,384.

I was previously more in favor of a harder monetary policy, but I’ve seen the light.

However, the fact remains, MMM makes people have a short time horizon outlook on life. I’d argue this is poor for society(live for today).

Overall, I’d advise someone take take at least 10% of their investments and put them into Bitcoin.

If by nearly the same you meant 15-25% more on average, sure. I can agree with most of this.

If by nearly the same you meant 15-25% more on average, sure. I can agree with most of this.
Sure, 15% sounds fine.

I’d expect given the extreme amount of capital in the system profits etc no one should be happy with that.

Another issue though.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/business/hr-payroll/average-salary-us/#:~:text=Average salary statistics: Key findings,Q4 of 2023 was $59,384.

Bonds are an automatic loser right now.

Back