Bitter Mark Hunt on Fight Island “who gives a f***?”

i can understand where mark's coming from. i would definitely take his side over the ufc's, when it comes to who screwed who over. it's probably too late, but with hunt's usually likeable personality, it's too bad he can't make amends and get along with the ufc. he would probably make a great asset to the ufc new zeland/australia sector in some capacity.

I like Hunt but think he's a bit weird and so is his current crusade. He fought juicers his whole career and the UFC is the only one that even lifted a finger to limit it at all. In PrideFC juicing was encouraged IN THE CONTRACT! You can argue about the effectivness of the UFCs doping program, but at least it was something. In addition the UFC gave him an opportunity when he was on a slide and paid him many hundreds of thousands of dollars. So I don't know where this insanity is coming from.

Just for fun, remember how many fighters have had a major problem with the way UFC does things:

Fedor
Anderson
GSP
Randy
Rampage
BJ
The Diaz Bros
Wand
Tito

And these are just some of the SUPERSTARS of the sport off the top of my head! Nevermind the mid-tier and lower-tier fighters!

Ppl around here like to say Conor bent the UFC over backwards on pay issues and treatment, but....

fpXmPUP.gif

Conor was just the first UFC fighter that ever got approximately what they actually earned. And that's freaking sad. On so many different levels.

Last edited:
There is a reason why Conor 2.0 is Infinite times more popular than Mark Hunt and thats because he doesnt whine like some betamale goldspoon in his ass baby when things dont go his way

I like Hunt but think he's a bit weird and so is his current crusade. He fought juicers his whole career and the UFC is the only one that even lifted a finger to limit it at all. In PrideFC juicing was encouraged IN THE CONTRACT! You can argue about the effectivness of the UFCs doping program, but at least it was something. In addition the UFC gave him an opportunity when he was on a slide and paid him many hundreds of thousands of dollars. So I don't know where this insanity is coming from.
By that logic, if you've ever fought MMA before and then enter a boxing match, you shouldn't complain if your opponent throws a headkick and tries to choke you.
Each fight is to itself and the Lesnar fight was sketchy as fuck in particular.
The UFC got what they needed out of Hunt and dumped him as soon as he wasn't their lapdog, just like every other fighter.

Hunts right, fuck supporting the ufc.

That's the key, Pride said it was ok "in the contract."

UFC says "it's not ok" in their contract.

So you go in there taking whatever you wanna take in PRIDE, knowing that your opponent is doing the same.

In UFC, you take nothing and go by "their rules" and realize later that your opponent was a-ok to take whatever HE wanted. Because he's a bigger name? The rules don't apply to them?

HOW do you not see the problem in that?

mark hunt knew it too tough, when he thought lesnar was an easy win he didn't care, then he got embarassed and he's still salty about it 4 years after, never seen a fighter taking a loss as badly as him, sad and weird at this point
Was gonna say basically this. I think he said before the fight “I don’t care if he’s on roids, I’ll still kick his ass.” But he couldn’t stop the takedowns and has cried about it ever since. He got paid well for that fight he needs to stop now.

he should be upset, UFC knew about it and let him get his ass beat

brock legit cheated worse than i know of. i don't know many pre and incompetition failures especially in the case of someone who was mostly exempt from testing. he fucked marks head up. i remember after that fight he was losing his shit and since than his rants and moments have gotten a lot worse. they gave hunt a big fight but they did him dirty. a lot of wanted to see brock fight but that was cheap as hell the way it all played out.

Mark knew brock was on steroids but took the fight anyway. it only became a problem when he lost

Brock would have retired 1-7 if he never pumped gallons of roids up his ass.

Fuck that roided monkey.

War Hunt.

brock legit cheated worse than i know of. i don't know many pre and incompetition failures especially in the case of someone who was mostly exempt from testing. he fucked marks head up. i remember after that fight he was losing his shit and since than his rants and moments have gotten a lot worse. they gave hunt a big fight but they did him dirty. a lot of wanted to see brock fight but that was cheap as hell the way it all played out.

Brock pulled a horse shit move, but I think it's more of an issue of Hunt being embarrassed that he lost to a pro wrestler that wasn't even a part time fighter at the time. I know roids give athletes a huge edge, but so do Hunt's Samoan genetics.

Plus he spent a good chunk of his career fighting in Japan where fighters would pick up their PEDs with their paycheck.
He's a 13-14-1 and was still getting $800K paydays in the UFC. The UFC can be pretty greasy, but imo Hunt is the one being unreasonable here.

Kinda funny that Hunt has to pay UFCs legal fees.

I'd be bitter too if I only made 500k a fight

Back