BJJ black belt vs Greco Roman Wrestler (VIDEO)

Uhmmm...didn't I recently watch a BJJ blackbelt handle a former Olympic wrestler?

Pretty sure I saw that.
I see this back & forth with no content. Your point, however, leads the way. It's all in the masterful application of the entire art.

BJJ by my fledgling account, should handle a wrestler (in theory).

p.s. I also believe it takes a lot more to master BJJ than one would think going into it.

Same nonsense

The nonsense I see in this one (The BJJ especially bad) is ego over dedication. The BJJ has his coolo outfit & venom? labeled. Walking into the wrestler. This is bunk.

Beating the Judo drum (& presumably the BJJ drum), throws have to be set up. Throws must follow the procedure, the requirement for proper entry. I see posts mocking martial art theory (Aikido maybe rightly), nevertheless, theory underpins martial arts and Mr. BJJ here has all the theoretical approach of a 7th-grader gym class.

Last edited:
The wrestler was scared because he knew that pure wresting vs pure BJJ the later wins 99% of the time.

The wrestler was just delaying the inevitable.

There was nothing inevitable. He decided to enter the BJJ guys world for no apparent reason

Yeah do that on the street mr black belt.

And they bash Aikido....

Lol. This is the Aikido guy.

A BJJ black belt should be able to wrestle at a high level. However, even in this scenario, what exactly did the wrestler accomplish? Additionally, any proof this guy is actually a black belt?

If there were any truth to the retardation you’re spouting, wrestlers would dominate ADCC, which is quite wrestler friendly. And yet, they don’t. The only one to win was Mark Kerr and those are some of the worst fights in the history of ADCC.

Aikido get uber bashed by MMA, etc. I think judo solves the Aikido dilemma (which I have no interest in) by being pragmatic in 'giving way.' Not trying to start a discourse....

I see the BJJ's point. He's trying to show off how effective BJJ is in these disadvantageous positions. Problem is he neglected that he's place himself in a disadvantages position and now has to dig himself out. Turns out to be a very big problem.

His technique was thwarted by his poor tactical decision making. Oh well, so much for BJJ technique (alone) as the 2nd coming of martial arts.

Again, the BJJ wants to prove a point. By placing himself in a weak spot, then believing BJJ's technique will work magical wonders.

On that armbar, the Greco is a super strong quite and you're (the BJJ) putting this on up in the air upside down. Greco Slambo follows,,,, oh my, lions & tigers & bears, oh my.

I think again you are jumping to conclusions. An alternative interpretations follows mine in that this BJJ guy has bought into mantra instead of training intelligently. He's mimicking some Grace? or BJJ demo some BJJ great has shown him. Moneky-see-as-Monkey-do. Problem this time, Greco isnt' following the BJJ monkey agenda.

Imagine that?:oops::eek:

Nope. I know that they don't spar takedowns in competitive main stream BJJ schools.. Since that's what they tell me

There was nothing inevitable. He decided to enter the BJJ guys world for no apparent reason
It was a grappling match and the wrestler refused to engage. Even in wrestling he would have been DQd that.

It was a grappling match and the wrestler refused to engage. Even in wrestling he would have been DQd that.

To be fair ai don’t think you are allowed to sit down in a wrestling match.
This match isba poor showing of both guys imo, the wrestlers has absolutely 0 knowledge of submissions defense, and this bbj guy was kind of a drama queen who refused to at least engage a lil bit standing

Jiujitsu guy got subbed by a wrestler. AHAHAHAhaha

Last edited:
Ñ

How’s tour search of akido kicking ass in mma going?

I don’t need to ask you about bjj, because there’s a shit ton of it.. even a moron such as yours self can do that...
Didnt OP have another thread stating that he was going to start training Aikido and he was worried his lifts where going to go down? He doesn't even do Aikido... There is no way spacetime says anything that isn't a troll.

A third of the people on this forum have both wrestled and do BJJ yet spacetime is going to explain to us which is the superior art and how Aikido is involved.
Despite no training in wrestling,BJJ or even Aikido...

They don't want injuries.
Again, the grappling here goes beyond Judo's approach, which is inherently safe. Still, the risk of injury or fault exists in Judo... that doesn't stop us at all from randori (Which incidentally, I haven't done yet.). Our instructors are very conservative about the Judo learning curve.

I can't believe wrestling couldn't be introduced defense wise under a properly run BJJ class. We do experience the threat of a punch against Seoi nage in our class... the instructor breaking us into self defense application this way. The partner throwing the punch can make it realistic without taking your head off.

Again, the grappling here goes beyond Judo's approach, which is inherently safe. Still, the risk of injury or fault exists in Judo... that doesn't stop us at all from randori (Which incidentally, I haven't done yet.). Our instructors are very conservative about the Judo learning curve.

I can't believe wrestling couldn't be introduced defense wise under a properly run BJJ class. We do experience the threat of a punch against Seoi nage in our class... the instructor breaking us into self defense application this way. The partner throwing the punch can make it realistic without taking your head off.

I am guessing because they don't do it often enough to ensure the safety of them, once they do try it.

Back